Number one thing reqired for MDing, Faith.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I disagree.

Batteries are the number one thing required for MDing... or maybe a metal detector to put them into.

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Faith... careful where you place yours...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all about the universal law of attraction. If you go out thinking you won't find a keeper, guess what... you won't. You need to be positive when you hunt, just know there is a keeper their. If you are not finding anything in an area, just go on auto-pilot, go in the direction your gut is saying.

What coin or coins do you really want to find? Just know it will happen soon, believe in it. Last year I had a Spanish silver, Chinese cash coin, Barber half, crotal bell, SLQ, Walker, Morgan on my mind and a class ring. All year I was thinking today's the day. Throughout the year I dug all of them early in the season except the Morgan and class ring. Guess how I finished out the season.... On the afternoon of December 24th I dug both a Morgan and a class ring.

Keep the faith and know deep down in your heart that it's gonna happen.

Good Luck

If you get a chance watch "The Secret". I watched it on Netflix a couple years ago.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Faith in yourself and your abilities.
How many have made a nice eyeball find..........?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer to call it hope, not faith. I lost my faith in this world a long time ago, but I still cling to hope. I hope to find a larger copper or a silver coin today. Hope springs eternal in the mind of a metal detectorist...

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree,without faith your wasting your time.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all about the universal law of attraction. If you go out thinking you won't find a keeper, guess what... you won't. You need to be positive when you hunt, just know there is a keeper their. If you are not finding anything in an area, just go on auto-pilot, go in the direction your gut is saying.

What coin or coins do you really want to find? Just know it will happen soon, believe in it. Last year I had a Spanish silver, Chinese cash coin, Barber half, crotal bell, SLQ, Walker, Morgan on my mind and a class ring. All year I was thinking today's the day. Throughout the year I dug all of them early in the season except the Morgan and class ring. Guess how I finished out the season.... On the afternoon of December 24th I dug both a Morgan and a class ring.

Keep the faith and know deep down in your heart that it's gonna happen.

Good Luck

If you get a chance watch "The Secret". I watched it on Netflix a couple years ago.

Well said! I walked towards my car today at the end of my hunt with one silver dime and I wanted one more before it was over. I picked a path to lower the coil for the 40 yard walk and 6 feet later I got a merc. Made my day. Strange how it works sometimes. There is definitely a real thing of being "in the zone" while hunting. I need to have full concentration on my signals.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put my faith in research

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it faith, hope, or tenacity? The tendency is to look until you find something - and there it is right in the last place you looked.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Faith that I would someday find a Civil War belt plate made me start out digging a plug the size of a one pound coffee can regardless of the signal size. A few years ago I was digging one zinc jar lid after another going down a hill to a creek and spring. I dug the umpteenth zinc jar lid took two steps got another zinc jar lid signal made my obligatory plug cut with my shovel and popped out the US belt plate. I had faith it would happen just didn't know when. I still cut big plugs with the Lesche shovel cause the next plate will have CS on it...d2 013.JPG

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Faith that I would someday find a Civil War belt plate made me start out digging a plug the size of a one pound coffee can regardless of the signal size. A few years ago I was digging one zinc jar lid after another going down a hill to a creek and spring. I dug the umpteenth zinc jar lid took two steps got another zinc jar lid signal made my obligatory plug cut with my shovel and popped out the US belt plate. I had faith it would happen just didn't know when. I still cut big plugs with the Lesche shovel cause the next plate will have CS on it...d2 View attachment 1431420

Now own it, feel it in your hands.

cammobunker

May 27, 2008
NW Ar-kan-saw
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Mojave, Cibola. Deteknix Pinpointer. Mark I Mod 0 eyeball, too.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disagree. Patience and persistence, backed up by research. With those, the finds come.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Faith I would find a large copper, my dream for a year. Guess what? I found one from 1723, beating my second oldest coin from 1904.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread