Personal question... I struggle with now.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Personal question... I struggle with now.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6270 times
    Metal Detecting

Personal question... I struggle with now.

If a person is doing something from the heart and donates it to benefit others and this same person totally funds it all would it make a difference if others pay now to see it continue Meaning covering all basic costs.

I struggle with this. Where does donating start or stop while being "funded" from others

I had some Tnet members last year offer me assistance but at the time I thanked and declined them. I was so damn humbled by those that offered!!!!! It was a personal thing I wanted to do. But to those of you who did... THANK YOU!

Now I have some organizations who want to pay basic costs for me to repeat again in Franklin Co. TN. Never would I want to make money off of what I started last year. I did it from the heart 100%.

I'd truly like this to happen in my own county this year (Hickman Co. TN.). Franklin Co. TN. was just "ground zero" for what happened. I can't, nor any of us save the world but making a small difference seems worthwhile as many others and I did last year for 15 families. I committed to do it again with 20 this year in Franklin Co. TN.

I struggle with the thought of others stepping up and paying for what I wanted to do. It doesn't seem it would be the same because I wanted to do it....??

Where does donating something from the heart start and stop?

Brad
    coinman123, kcm, Chadeaux and 9 others like this.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7363 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Well Brad, You are not a newbie so you have probably read the rule or are aware of the rule that prohibits such activities on this net. Your post is not very specific. Even if it was "detector related" or not, this is not the place. I fully support anyone who runs a legitimate fundraising operation, non-profit or not, but I don't think it will be allowed here. Sorry. TTC
    I went to the grocery store. There was a sign on the door. No food or drinks inside...... so I went home.

us
    Knowledge in machine struck coinage and colonial through 1800's Relics.

Feb 2013
    New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Woods
    Teknetics T2 SE (DST) Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup) 15" T2 coil Pro-Pointer Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 Fisher F2 Fisher F-Point
    5686 times
    Coins and Relics
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    Well Brad, You are not a newbie so you have probably read the rule or are aware of the rule that prohibits such activities on this net. Your post is not very specific. Even if it was "detector related" or not, this is not the place. I fully support anyone who runs a legitimate fundraising operation, non-profit or not, but I don't think it will be allowed here. Sorry. TTC
    What rules is he breaking? I believe that all Brad is doing is asking us if he should accept funds to do a charity donation project (toy boxes). He isn't asking for any funds on the forum if that is what you thought. Also, I don't think that General Discussion threads have to relate to metal detecting, it's just a forum for members to talk to each other.

Anyways, if I were in your position, I would probably do everything I could without taking funds. If worst comes to worst I might accept some funds. I feel it comes from the heart a little more if you do everything yourself. Sometimes it is not possible to do everything yourself, and your donation is still coming from the heart regardless of a little help. Trying to make profit off of a charity is when it is not completely from the heart anymore (which you are against anyways), it makes a project less of a charity and more of a business. Make the discussion from your heart, ponder the idea of getting help and what it will mean for you.
    2014-2017 Finds
    1700s Sundial
    165? french liard
    1696 1774 1730s 17?? copper
    1723 irish Ĺ penny
    1730 KG coin toy
    2x AU 1803 LC
    1722 1/2 Penny
    1779, 1781Ĺ Real, ? 1 Real
    NJ Copper 1786
    1805,1838 LC
    26 Coppers 17 colonial
    175 1720-1850 buttons
    40 Musket Balls
    1906 1912 1934 dog Lics
    16 1700s Buckles 1 silver
    2 1700s spigot
    3 Thimbles 1 silver
    Cleaning Finds:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ge...ns-relics.html

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7363 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If you go to "rules" you will see this sentence, "You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.
    He mentions other TNetters offered compensation to a fundraiser that he did before and he says he wants to do it again. I am not saying he cannot do a fundraiser, but it sure sounds (to me) like he is trying to say it without saying it. I predict one of the admin will soon tell him so. (I personally couldn't care less) TTC
    I went to the grocery store. There was a sign on the door. No food or drinks inside...... so I went home.

us
    Nov 2013
    Long Island
    CTX 3030, Xp Deus, That's it, I'm done.
    2253 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If those donations help others and helps you help others than right on.

us
    Nov 2013
    Long Island
    CTX 3030, Xp Deus, That's it, I'm done.
    2253 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If you go to "rules" you will see this sentence, "You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.
    He mentions other TNetters offered compensation to a fundraiser that he did before and he says he wants to do it again. I am not saying he cannot do a fundraiser, but it sure sounds (to me) like he is trying to say it without saying it. I predict one of the admin will soon tell him so. (I personally couldn't care less) TTC
    "Now I have some organizations who want to pay basic costs for me to repeat again in Franklin Co. TN. Never would I want to make money off of what I started last year. I did it from the heart 100%."
    See above.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2909 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If you accept funds from other organizations for materials, you are still donating your time, skills and creativity to make your boxes, and could likely make more. nothing wrong with that. But it really depends on what your heart says about letting others in on your project. Since you have some hesitation it may be that your gut is telling you that you need to go it alone.
    kcm, Chadeaux, sprailroad and 4 others like this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ

Thomas Jefferson

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2909 times
    Terry, I think you are reading this wrong. He is looking for advice, not donations.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ

Thomas Jefferson

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    7026 times
    While I can understand both sides of this thread, I kinda do have to wonder why it wasn't posted here instead:
    Everything Else

Wazzup Brad? Name:  Hi - Copy.gif
Views: 592
Size:  18.7 KB
    Honest Samuel likes this.
    "...I've got silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun" - Don Williams

Charter Member

Nov 2013
    1861 times
    Terry, first know the subject. We offered him help last year. He didn't ask for it. BRAD, YOUR TIME AND IDEA IS THE GIFT. The material is just a monetary debts. As long as the donation are from the hearts of others. You can help more that way. Go for it my friend and God Bless.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5967 times
    Cache Hunting
    Read a bit more carefully, and go back to his posts about the boxes he has already built. I know enough about Limitool that he isn't going to beg anyone for funds to do something. He's actually struggling over whether to accept donations from "ORGANIZATIONS" to build more toy boxes for disadvantaged kids. They are offering, he is struggling with whether to take the offer.

He donated not only his time but paid out of his pocket to donate toy boxes to children.

I understand the rules here, but Brad isn't breaking them because he is neither directly or indirectly asking for monetary assistance ... although if you get too close while he's working you might get drafted to help with finishing.

Be well Terry.
    TerryC, kcm, RobRieman and 7 others like this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2994 times
    Go with your heart, and good luck.
    Limitool and huntsman53 like this.

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Deus XP, AT Pro, Racer 2, Ace 400
    2283 times
    Metal Detecting
    The object is to get the product to needy kids, so I'd say anything that furthers that goal is spot on.
    Limitool, Truth, RustyGold and 3 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Joe

Nov 2014
    VA
    Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
    7275 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I think it's great that you have inspired others in your community to want to help with the great thing you are doing. How they help is up to you. This will only add to the success of your kindness. If you don't need or want the Financial backing then allow them to participate in other ways. Maybe they can fill the boxes. The more help you allow the more children you can help.

My hat is off to you Bud!

HH, RN

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13036 times
    Metal Detecting
    Brad, if the actions you take that are coming from your heart inspire others to do good, what is bad in that?
    Share the opportunity with others, if you feel it. Good actions should be encouraged.
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links