Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you looking at secondary sites? Have you gone directly to the county government GIS website? Maybe the laws are different in Il. vs SC. Good luck!

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK so im new to metal detecting and i was wondering after i get a Parcel ID number or use a GSI map to find a piece of land what and who do i give the info to to get the name and info of the property owner like a empty field for example. Because everywhere i look it says i have to pay for the name and info

Yes.. ask the neighbors. Just knock on doors. I drive by one house 20 times got up the courage to ask a guy out next door. He said it's been vacant for years, and the people who owned it lived in North Dakota?? He said god luck! Just like that.

Of course I only had 20 min to hunt but i scored it for the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
county assessor's office

Trailryder

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2017
Northwestern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your talking about the Lee County, Dixon area you can go to the old courthouse in Dixon and talk to the nice ladies in the assessor's office, they can tell you who the owner is if you know the parcel number.

Lee County GIS map...
https://leeil.mygisonline.com

LATER Bill

P.S. the GIS website for Whiteside county will give you the owners name...
ArcGIS Web Application

OP
OP
DigginDave94

DigginDave94

Apr 15, 2017
Dixon IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok awesome I wish Dixons did that like Whitesides thats so easy. :) and what do you do with the name then like how do you find a phone number or address ?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok awesome I wish Dixons did that like Whitesides thats so easy. :) and what do you do with the name then like how do you find a phone number or address ?
All USA counties keep tax records that include the name and mailing address of ALL land parcel owners. They are all open to the public domain. Many are digital (internet access) and can be reviewed from the home. Get an employee to show you how to search. Now get busy! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions