Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o now that I burned most of them when I gained weight :(

Mine

DSCF0001(1).JPG DSCF0002(1).JPG

Theirs

Untitled.jpg
Ud.jpg

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/nor...le-who-want-to-pretend-they-have-a-dirty-job/

Maybe I have to go Mud Hunting some More :laughing7:

I used to look like that every night after Hunting a Drained Lake.
Who would have Thunk, I would have been in Style or Invented one

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't wait for Jeff Gordon to follow this thread!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I never again will Be uncomfortable walking into the Grocery Store
or Restaurant after Detecting.

The dirtier the Better :laughing7:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I thought this could only happen to artifacts if the restoration goes wrong it kills the value.

Dont wash them, you never know when your going to need to get dressed up for hipsters funeral.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought it was bad enough paying for wornout seat and knee jeans and the ones cut to look worn or "Stylish" but now to buy muddy? I've got some that I tossed because they wouldn't come clean any more and I no longer have to do yard work, wish I still had them, make cash off them. The detector jeans at least fit me and still have some coverage and don't look like you've been rolling around with the farm animals all day. jeff of pa, your jeans are too clean when compared to the ones on Nordstrom. Take them back out and drag'em around a bit more!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought it was bad enough paying for wornout seat and knee jeans and the ones cut to look worn or "Stylish" but now to buy muddy? I've got some that I tossed because they wouldn't come clean any more and I no longer have to do yard work, wish I still had them, make cash off them. The detector jeans at least fit me and still have some coverage and don't look like you've been rolling around with the farm animals all day. jeff of pa, your jeans are too clean when compared to the ones on Nordstrom. Take them back out and drag'em around a bit more!

HaHa Yea I was thinking the Same.
They weren't dirty enough to burn with the Rest, & still need more Rubbed in Dirt.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, you said you would never be uncomfortable going to the store or Restaurant after detecting again and I have to say that i have seen people dressed like this at the Walmart, etc. The problem is that normally you can smell them a good bit before you see them and get a bit of an idea that either they are construction on they way home after a long days work or just don't wash except that once a month, and this ain't that time!

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here's a thought........can I return my old and muddy jeans, and get a refund as though they were new? :dontknow:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff, you said you would never be uncomfortable going to the store or Restaurant after detecting again and I have to say that i have seen people dressed like this at the Walmart, etc. The problem is that normally you can smell them a good bit before you see them and get a bit of an idea that either they are construction on they way home after a long days work or just don't wash except that once a month, and this ain't that time!

Dude, I live in Europe. You can smell these people too who wear and buy 400 dollar jeans. normally they have on so much perfume or smelly fu fu water (whatever it is called these days) that it will burn your eyes at 100 yards.

Start having flash backs wanting to bang on metal and scream gas gas gas.

My nose is not up in the air on this; my cheapest suits I have was not less than 6K. I would rather sit in a restaurant and converse with a smelly construction worker that is filthy who worked hard and proper like for his meal than some entitled youngster smelling up the place with fu fu water.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob - lol. Spoken like a retired servicemember.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here's a thought........can I return my old and muddy jeans, and get a refund as though they were new? :dontknow:

HaHa now theirs a Thought .
Start shipping them to Nordstrums

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't handle dirty jeans. The worst is when they are covered by gold dust.
I don't like that yellow effect it has on blue jeans.
Wash, wash, wash.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Holey Cow! I'm sitting on several thousands of dollars with my jeans! I'm just upset that I've tossed out probably over a hundred grand worth in the last 30 years!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think, make them even more stylish and slice out the knees or get a little more wear in the rear end so they are just about worn through and you can double the asking price! Pay twice as much for something worn out. I would just as soon buy them blue, whole and cheap and do all the work to them myself. Guess I am just old. Oddjob, not putting down the hardworkers, agree with you, more toward others but not part of this thread and for another part of the forum so,'nuff said on that. Back to the jeans and FFFPatriot, when you think what you paid, used then thought they were worn out and tossed and now look at what is worn today, does make you sick!

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my solemn duty to undercut Nordie's and sell to all those who want people to think they have dirty jobs for a mere two hundred dollars.

Am taking orders. ;)

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I imagine it won't be too long before someone comes up with an idea for jeans for transgenders. Built in knee pads in front and the zipper on the rear.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Damn, and I thought the kevlar jeans with motorcycle protectors I just bought where expensive at 150€. But I guess it makes sense, so far they aren't muddy at all.

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marketing 101, I guarantee the makers of the jeans know how ridiculous this is. However I've now seen this on reddit, facebook, and now even the treasure hunting forum. Tons of free publicity for that store.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread