Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: How many "Good Years" do YOU have left ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2931 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You have asked a question that really has no answer. It's all left up to Fate.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2901 times
    The 60 billion dollar question. I have absolutely no interest in being the worlds oldest living women, or spending the last of my days drooling in a nursing home, so I am hoping that whatever finally gets me is swift and fatal.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ

Thomas Jefferson

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    2793 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanMN View Post
    The 60 billion dollar question. I have absolutely no interest in being the worlds oldest living women, or spending the last of my days drooling in a nursing home, so I am hoping that whatever finally gets me is swift and fatal.
    Unfortunately those of us that have good genes will live long and die a slow and agonizing death. Sometimes i feel those that die of a massive heart attack are blessed.
    lastleg likes this.

us
    Mar 2017
    Colorado
    Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
    170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4x4 View Post
    .....What's in your future . . . .?
    A good question to ponder ... I know one thing I hope I'm fortunate to die before I'm wearing Depends, having only liquid meals, confined to a chair, drooling all over myself, and no ability to remember my name.

Such a question does make you pause and wonder "what can I do now to improve the quality of my life for whatever number of years I might have left".

Also a great question to make one ask - when I die then what ... what happens ... do I want to go where I'm going to?

Good question

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    Unfortunately those of us that have good genes will live long and die a slow and agonizing death. Sometimes i feel those that die of a massive heart attack are blessed.
    When I was little, coming from a family that believed we went on to another life after we died I figured life was like school! My brother died at birth and when people asked me my thoughts I figured he got straight As and did a lot of good in the last life, and got to skip a grade! Guess I got straight Fs and didn't do much good, Cause I'm still here! On detention!
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Jan 2017
    170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanMN View Post
    I agree I hope a shark takes me in the surf no nursing home no life support

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Charter Member

Apr 2014
    1639 times
    I am in my declining years, where none of them are what I consider to be good. I guess they are marginally better than the alternative, but when the time comes, I'll be ready.

Sep 2012
    474 times
    How does this sound, a snowy winters night, a big tree to rest against and a case of my favorite beer, that's one long sleep.....Joe McDonough
    sprailroad likes this.

us
    Mar 2017
    Southern California, outside of San Diego
    1231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joesmarbles View Post
    How does this sound, a snowy winters night, a big tree to rest against and a case of my favorite beer, that's one long sleep.....Joe McDonough
    ....Wouldn't work for me....I'd need to pee.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12946 times
    Metal Detecting
    I hope for a long time for two reasons

1 I think the gov needs all the tax money I can earn

2 there are still a lot of females who have not had the pleasure of meeting me
    DeepseekerADS and sprailroad like this.
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

Sep 2012
    474 times
    Pee your name in the snow. they will know where to send the body.....Joe McDonough

us
    Nov 2011
    BOSTON
    Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
    1843 times
    Hi; Me, In my Family most of the guys are dead by 65. I am 59 +. Doing the fast math that leaves me a Good 6 years left. I plan to dig every dang one of them. I hope the day I die is the day they have to pry a metal detector from my cold, clammy hands.!!! I mean that literally. In the meantime I have 49 YEARS of SOLID detecting IN Field under my belt. I want to pass the 50 year Mark this November 17th. Then I will be happy no matter what comes my way. PEACE:RONB.

My chosen way to go. If I know I'm gonna die any day now I'd like to take my detector, a whole bottle of Percocets and a bottle of James Jameson Whiskey. Go up to the top of Dorchester Heights where GW drove the British from Boston, dig the grounds, then go up to the top of the Monument 60' up with a GREAT 360 Degree View of Boston and let it RIP ok. PEACE:RONB
    Last edited by BARKER; May 03, 2017 at 07:57 PM.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8954 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas_Jayhawk View Post
    Who did you make mad to be sentenced to move to DC ... like going to prison.

Go detect around all the monuments!!!

Enjoy it - the history would be a blast to study.
    It was by choice, but only for a couple years.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

us
    Feb 2011
    Lakeland, Florida
    696 times
    Hmm, that's a good question. I've been given last rites twice, broken just about every bone, some more then once, some more then once at the same time.
    Had a massive heart attack in 2013, and I'm still here. I thank the big guy every morning for letting me see another day. Figure he's got something for me to do, but yet hasn't decided what it is, so he keeps on giving me Mulligans when I manage to nearly do myself in.

It's either that, or what's left is so beat up and used up he's got no use for it so he let's me hang around.

Either way I'm good for now at least.
    The Scarecrow sees all and tells none.

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6650 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    In not old, but I'm not a kid either. This question makes me think of past regrets and future hopes. I'm hoping for as many years as I can get. It's very sad though knowing my son will never experience the freedoms I have in our country in the future.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links