Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaches at state parks require a permit which can usually be bought at the front gate if no one is there just drive around the park until you see workers oh yeah there 10 $ they'll probably tell you not to worry about it.good luck

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, ya need a permit for the State beaches. Local schools are good. Weedsport and Port Byron schools are good spots. Cato school has a no detecting sign. Good luck.

OP
OP
C

chefjuan

Sep 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks guys!! I hope to make it out there! Appreciate the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a rails to trails path that goes from Cato all the way to Fairhaven and end's in the back of Screwy Louie's on 104A, i always thought it may be a good place to detect. Don't waist your time with a state beach permit, it's 10 dollars and only covers a few state parks that are not in that area anyway. It doesn't cover Fairhaven beach though, and you won't need to pay to get into that park until Memorial day However; i'm also not sure if it's off limits to detecting before then either. Good luck, and happy hunting.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Labor Day to Memorial Day you can detect the beach area. Once the holiday start, it's off limits. That trail that starts in Cato is extremely trashy for about the first quarter mile. I've never tried going further as I get discouraged with all the trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread