Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gone to four in the last 12 months. All were put on by clubs. A few of these items were "prizes", just a few. (You can tell because they are in plastic holders.) There are a couple silver rounds buried in this stack. The rest, with the exception of about 8 silvers, which were found elsewhere, were from the organized hunts. I throw all my silvers together in an antique jug. Now, if I got a key date or something, that would go in a holder. No key dates as of yet. The organizers plant the silvers and we go get 'em. Yes, there is a fee. No, you are not guaranteed anything but FUN! But it is fun. You get to meet a lot of nice people at the organized digs. This is the silver (and a few cents) from 4 organized hunts. About 4 pounds. That is a guestimate. My scale won't work at the moment. Thinks it needs a new battery. IMG_0257.JPG

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Some real nice Silvers! I to enjoy meeting everyone at the hunts, putting names to faces. I never participate in the hunt part but a seeder and seller / helper.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the large silver count! :occasion14:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive been to a couple of seeded hunts as an observer. Its not for me, but it is nice to meet like minded folks.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm too much a lonewolf too. Problem in the past was everybody would raid your sites later. Now that we're older, and the landowners take "sides", there isn't any more problem with that. Now I do take people to some of my sites.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to Silver rounds as prizes, I did quite well when silver got up around $50 several years ago. When I first got some from a club hunt, sliver was only worth 3 - 4$ so I just kept putting them in a catch all drawer. Kind of forgot about them until silver took off, then sold out.
luvsdux

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do "well", in that I get back what I paid for the hunt. But I always come away with something and it's fun hunt with 50-100 people all scrambling for the same stretch of dirt or sand. Kids in a sandbox, for sure.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest: