My funniest fine to date

Hammer287

Mar 28, 2017
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at Hilton head Island for 10 days and ship my detector so I could do some beach hunting. It was around 7 o'clock Sunday morning at a public beach where I was swinging the coil and got a signal near a whole lime that was left over from the night before. I have a signal right next to the lime so I kicked the lime out-of-the-way but then lost the signal . I'm searching and searching and the coil goes over the lime and I get a target signal. Now I'm new to metal detecting and have already found some amazing things including a heavy sterling silver men's necklace that I had found a day earlier at this point I'm thinking "I must have just learned something new, that limes ring up as a signal". Turns out someone had cut A small slit at the end of the lime and put a Pulltab inside. Actually I thought this was ingenious for drinking coronas on the beach with fresh lime juice. I'm glad I searched that lime for what was making the signal otherwise I'd be detecting in the grocery store over the Citrus section

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! We live and learn!
Now if i had just cut open that clam i found on the beach that kept setting off my detector years ago.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I read your title, first thing I thought was you found one of those cucumber shaped women's toy things.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a group picnic of about sixty people.
Lots of fun activities for all ages to participate in.
To encourage people to participate in dunking for apples on a tub full of water,, it was announced that some of the apples had coins inserted into them. They didn't grow that way. Do you think pull tabs have monetary value on Hilton Head Island?

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a crap filled diaper with a ball of aluminum foil inside.:censored: It didn't smell like a lime...

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, kinda, sorta. Back then I was just using my trowel on the beach and stuck right into it, buried in the sand. It opened up by itself. I WAS NOT HAPPY.
I always take out what I dig up....BUT....for all I know, it's still buried there. I wasn't touching it. Some people are just disgusting.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOT FUNNY HAHA...FUNNY STRANGE - THIS WAS MY FIRST GOLD RING THIS YEAR

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
NOT FUNNY HAHA...FUNNY STRANGE - THIS WAS MY FIRST GOLD RING THIS YEAR

I wonder whether there was a husband attached to that at one point.
HH
dts

Blkcloud

Apr 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched hhi beach about 2 months ago.. walked for a mile and found 1 old beer can and the foil top to some fancy yogurt.. that was it... I kept sweeping my pocket to make sure my machine was working....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread