Research, permissions, politics?? (Tell me if Im nuts plez!)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Research, permissions, politics?? (Tell me if Im nuts plez!)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    When in doubt... dig!

    Feb 2017
    Chattanooga Tennessee
    Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
    455
    856 times
    Metal Detecting

    Research, permissions, politics?? (Tell me if I'm nuts plez!)

    Okay this is not a political post I promise!

    So I've been researching old houses in Tennessee and I've stumbled on an excellent property old home and big yard built in the 1920's. Now I really don't care what people think in their politics and I never really get in to that stuff anyway.. BUT

    I did some digging and the home owner is a HUGE Hillary supporter and Obama volunteer.

    Should I go up to the house with a "Green Peace" shirt or "I love Mountains" shirt?

    In Tennessee wearing a Hillary shirt might get me mowed down by a guy in a 4x4 but maybe some liberal leaning shirt?? Idk am I nuts trying this just for one permission?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

    May 2012
    12,357
    19206 times
    If you are a liberal you would withstand being questioned about ,and be expected to act in kind.
    I' m me when detecting.
    Also when seeking permissions.
    Easier to not drop a false front that way.

    Were your landowners to bring up politics , it is good they are involved. But ,detecting is off media/ rat race time for some folks.
    No offence but I'm really needing some swing time. You're welcome to join me . You'll need to talk load though with my using headphones.

  3. #3
    us
    When in doubt... dig!

    Feb 2017
    Chattanooga Tennessee
    Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
    455
    856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    If you are a liberal you would withstand being questioned about ,and be expected to act in kind.
    I' m me when detecting.
    Also when seeking permissions.
    Easier to not drop a false front that way.

    Were your landowners to bring up politics , it is good they are involved. But ,detecting is off media/ rat race time for some folks.
    No offence but I'm really needing some swing time. You're welcome to join me . You'll need to talk load though with my using headphones.
    Good point. I usually wear a t shirt and jeans.

    this place looks awesome and was hoping for an edge but I may be overthinking it! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    The surest representation of a man's character is his work ethic.

    Apr 2016
    Robbinsdale, MN
    White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
    389
    897 times
    Metal Detecting
    Get one of those dreadlock wigs under a knitted, Jamaican-style hat, buy a beat-up old Subaru with PRE-APPLIED Billary, Obama, Coexist, and/or anti-Bush stickers, and roll in the nearest trash heap before you go over there. No way they would refuse you.
    AlienLifeForm likes this.

  5. #5
    us
    When in doubt... dig!

    Feb 2017
    Chattanooga Tennessee
    Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
    455
    856 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDan View Post
    Get one of those dreadlock wigs under a knitted, Jamaican-style hat, buy a beat-up old Subaru with PRE-APPLIED Billary, Obama, Coexist, and/or anti-Bush stickers, and roll in the nearest trash heap before you go over there. No way they would refuse you.
    A good idea! Hey I'd do just about.. well most anything to score a big permission. This neighborhood is upidity affluent old money if she says no I'll just keep trying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Joe

    Nov 2014
    VA
    Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
    4,000
    7276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Just tell them you want to donate all your finds too the local dead beats so they can buy cigarettes and video games. You'll be a shoe in.

    HH, RN
    AlienLifeForm likes this.

  7. #7
    1320

    Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    3,299
    1982 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Dang, if you could photo shop a pic of Obama with a detector, that'd get you in post haste!
    4x4x4 likes this.

  8. #8

    Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    67,782
    32867 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    LOL a Trump Mask will Do

    For the Record, I don't see politics here either just a Mention of Politicians in a light Hearted way,
    in a treasure related Thread.

    in all Seriousness, Just approach like you would anywhere else & avoid bringing up Politics.
    I think Dems are mostly Human.

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    May 2015
    North Georgia
    MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
    532
    746 times
    Metal Detecting
    Do whatever you need to do to accomplish the mission!
    Nitric likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (Callsign: Chaos), United States Marine Corps (Retired)

    Semper Fidelis !!!!!

  10. #10
    us
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Whites, MXT.
    8,480
    4719 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wear a "*****cat" hat , and a shirt with the slogan " treehuggin dirtworshipper " that should get you in there !

  11. #11
    Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

    Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    30,513
    13635 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by darktower007 View Post
    ...I've been researching old houses in Tennessee ...owner is a HUGE Hillary supporter and Obama volunteer...
    Well - you have two options. Piss off the owner and not get permission or get the best I LOVE DEMOCRAT shirt and ask permission - I know what I would do to get permission!
    1320 likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

    .:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

  12. #12
    us
    Apr 2015
    Western North Carolina
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Whites Goldmaster 66TR
    10
    19 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by darktower007 View Post
    Okay this is not a political post I promise!

    So I've been researching old houses in Tennessee and I've stumbled on an excellent property old home and big yard built in the 1920's. Now I really don't care what people think in their politics and I never really get in to that stuff anyway.. BUT

    I did some digging and the home owner is a HUGE Hillary supporter and Obama volunteer.

    Should I go up to the house with a "Green Peace" shirt or "I love Mountains" shirt?

    In Tennessee wearing a Hillary shirt might get me mowed down by a guy in a 4x4 but maybe some liberal leaning shirt?? Idk am I nuts trying this just for one permission?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The first sentence in your post claims it is not political but in fact, that's exactly what it is. This is a permission, why would these people's politics even be an issue unless you made it one? Just go ask them if you can metal detect in their yard and leave it at that.
    jeff of pa, dsdigger and SeabeeRon like this.

  13. #13
    1320

    Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    3,299
    1982 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mag315 View Post
    The first sentence in your post claims it is not political but in fact, that's exactly what it is. This is a permission, why would these people's politics even be an issue unless you made it one? Just go ask them if you can metal detect in their yard and leave it at that.
    I always make a pointed effort to get to know "my landowners" before seeking permission, it's a great "sales" tactic. If I find I have something in common with a land owner, I'll find a way to squeak it into the conversation before the question of detecting ever gets brought up. Sales 101. I will back that up by saying I've never faked a common interest with a land owner because I had trouble remember my lies when I was a kid....lol.
    jeff of pa likes this.

  14. #14

    Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    67,782
    32867 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    yes seriously. What if the owner invites you to a rally
    and says, in the meantime they will think it over ?
    would you show up at a town Hall meeting & become an Arse , just to continue the charade
    in hopes of getting on the property ?
    Honest Samuel likes this.

  15. #15
    us
    Apr 2009
    1,453
    1484 times
    All people have one thing in common, regardless of race, gender or political affiliations and thats cookies. Bring a box of cookies when you go and introduce yourself.
    releventchair and coinman123 like this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Permissions
    By lawman0210 in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jul 02, 2015, 04:24 PM
  2. Remember TN Rule On Politics.. No Politics
    By Treasure_Hunter in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 30, 2012, 10:30 AM
  3. Can someone plez recommend a md for the beach for beginners?
    By missmetaldetectingdiva in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Aug 07, 2011, 09:17 AM
  4. can u plez tell me about my whites blue max
    By missmetaldetectingdiva in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2011, 03:07 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0