GREAT DAY WITH GRANDKIDS....!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree24Likes
  • 15 Post By Limitool
  • 2 Post By releventchair
  • 2 Post By relic nut
  • 1 Post By Msbeepbeep
  • 1 Post By Geobound
  • 1 Post By dsdigger
  • 1 Post By against the wind
  • 1 Post By Limitool

Thread: GREAT DAY WITH GRANDKIDS....!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6270 times
    Metal Detecting

GREAT DAY WITH GRANDKIDS....!

Hey all....

Have my 17 y/o living here now and a 14 & 10 y/o staying for the weekend (all male). Told all 3 last night to pick a "project" to do in the wood shop tomorrow of their choosing. Two of them chose a boat based upon their design. The 10 y/o said... "I want a sword....!"

I told them all I'll help with cutting, routeing, and help and do what they wanted done unless I said it was ok for them to do. Blake (10 y/o) hung with me quickly. Ol' Blake wanted the large wooden sword. So while I was helping the others with cuts I chiseled away at Blake's sword with Blake watching.

After about an hour Ol' Blake's wooden sword was making progress. While... the other 2 boys were gluing, stapling and designing their boats we kept going forward with the sword.

Soon the 17 & 14 y/o were heading to the swimming pool for a tryout with their new boats...? Blake and I stuck to the wooden sword. Seems the boats didn't "exactly" work out as engineered...? But Blake's sword turned out GREAT! "Grandpa... this is the best thing you EVER built me" (say's Blake)...! Soon the other 2 turned to sword "making".

Here's the point.... Those 3 boys and I spent all day "engineering" projects. Then we fired off 400 rounds of .22 ammo from 25 - 50 yds. Then they swam for 1.5 hours in the pool and then came in to a huge steak supper I fixed. That makes it one great SPECIAL day for me and for any other Grandpa who does / can do the same.

I did have a blessed day.... Brad
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19215 times
    Hey ,somebody has to corrupt them......

A day well spent Gramps. Congrats!
    DeepseekerADS and Limitool like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Joe

Nov 2014
    VA
    Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
    7276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    That's great!!! Any thing to make them use their brains is outstanding. Some day they will cherish the time with you. I grew up in a wood shop and it made me who I am today. It taught me to be a problem solver and pay attention to detail. Many life lessons can come from "hands on". Too many people today allow the TV and telephone to raise their kids. Hat's off to you and. "Making memories"

HH, RN
    Limitool and Loco-Digger like this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    13613 times
    That is truly a memorable golden day!
    Grandpa of the year award!
    Well done!
    That they will be telling to their own kids some day.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
    Limitool likes this.

ca
    Feb 2017
    Ontario
    XP Deus (2019) Fisher CZ-21 (2019) CTX 3030 (April 2017) AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pro Pointer Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6 Stealth 720i (BNIB) Home made beach scoop
    870 times
    You missed a great opportunity to make brooms..............just think of how clean that shop and garage could have been! Hahahahaha.......

Just kidding, sounds like a fantastic day!

Nothing wrong with building swords, boats and memories!
    Limitool likes this.
    Treasure is where you find it, trash is where they left it.

John

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    1168 times
    Fantastic Day! Any time you can get the grandkids away from the electronics for a good day of fun and or learning with fun is just much more special. Seems they get so distracted with indoor stuff that they forget the fun things that so many of us enjoyed growing up. Plus, you got the time with just them. Hope that you more of those days as they are things that they future are built of. I memories of talking with my grandfather for hours about everything from school to being a doctor and handyman work around the house. Those are the things they always enjoy and you get to see them having fun.
    Limitool likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    20754 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Sounds like a wonderful day. Keeping those boys busy, occupied, and involved, is how you keep them out of trouble.
    Well done and congrats on being a real grandpa.
    Limitool likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6270 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Geobound View Post
    You missed a great opportunity to make brooms..............just think of how clean that shop and garage could have been! Hahahahaha.......

Just kidding, sounds like a fantastic day!

Nothing wrong with building swords, boats and memories!
    Ok bud.... who do you think cleaned up all those 100's of shell casing and sawdust before they got INTO the pool...? They did great on the cleanup and we made fun out of it!
    Geobound likes this.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

ca
    Feb 2017
    Ontario
    XP Deus (2019) Fisher CZ-21 (2019) CTX 3030 (April 2017) AT Pro Garrett Carrot Pro Pointer Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6 Stealth 720i (BNIB) Home made beach scoop
    870 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Limitool View Post
    Ok bud.... who do you think cleaned up all those 100's of shell casing and sawdust before they got INTO the pool...? They did great on the cleanup and we made fun out of it!
    LOVE IT!!!
    Treasure is where you find it, trash is where they left it.

John

Sponsored Links