ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff, they always win. LIke in the 60s when they had promised to redeem in silver but were losing money.
So they set a fast deadline and said No More redemptions after that date.
You cant even hope to play even with someone who is able to change the rules as the game progresses.
Calvinball is more fair since all participants are under the same rule changing ability.

popuptee_calvinball_1464797561.full.png

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LIke in the 60s when they had promised to redeem in silver but were losing money.
So they set a fast deadline and said No More redemptions after that date.

That's the precise moment that America stole your wealth and created a system that eventually guarantees poverty. The u.s. dollar is defined in the coinage act of 1792 as a certain amount of silver. Congress was granted the power to coin money , not to print money. Congress violated the constitution, and nobody seemed to notice.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, because they know the odds of gold rolling over that in the next 20 years is slim.
if gold hits $1350 you can be sure Sales will Cease till they Increase the Cost.
but they still will not buy back for more then $100.00

gold.jpg

F.Y.I. I'll pay $100 for them too :laughing7:

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the precise moment that America stole your wealth and created a system that eventually guarantees poverty. The u.s. dollar is defined in the coinage act of 1792 as a certain amount of silver. Congress was granted the power to coin money , not to print money. Congress violated the constitution, and nobody seemed to notice.

Remember that the US gov does not print any money. That is done by the Federal Reserve which is a private bank; it is NOT a branch of government.

God, I miss Andrew Jackson.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir, it was Woodrow Wilson who signed default number one. 1913 iirc. FDR was default #2, Nixon default #3.

I am looking forward to default #4. Should happen in the next couple of decades or sooner. I am ready.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though Ike dollars and Kennedy halves had more buying power in the 1970's, I don't remember anyone carrying them in pocket change, they were more of a novelty even back then. My brothers and I each received Ikes from Grandma on our birthdays throughout our early teens. We spent 'em, good riddance!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think this thread will be up for long. Putting "say what?" in your title comes across as a racist remark, in my opinion...
What you talkin' bout Willis?

BTW- She looks like a crackhead. That is the ugliest American coin I have ever seen in my life. Not because she's gold either!

Last edited:

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit I bought the Standing Liberty Quarter , Liberty Dime and the Buffalo Indian Gold coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I accidentally bought the dime. Guy sold a "2016 1/10 gold coin" on ebay at a fair price.. turned out to be more than fair in the long run.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take any coin with any design and ill take it anyway I can get it short of robbery or purchasing it. I once had a guy throw a bunch of pennies out on the beach so he could watch me detect and dig them all. When I had got them all I asked him if he would throw some more out for me. He stomped off the beach in disgust. I showed him the silver ring that I found while digging all his pennies. Some are better looking than others for sure, but thats each individuals personal opinion. I like them all as long as they can be spent ,traded ,or sold and that includes pennies. Its all money even if you have to get it 1 cent at a time. Ive never thrown a penny back after I took the time to dig it up. I love taking dug change and turning it into 10 oz. Silver bars. I use the dealers choice of bars so I get the best price on the bars. I dont care whats on them as long as they are the cheapest possible bar I can get.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm with Blak bart.:skullflag:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you talkin' bout Willis?

BTW- She looks like a crackhead. That is the ugliest American coin I have ever seen in my life. Not because she's gold either!

I agree about this gold coin being damnable ugly. It is giving the hideous Susan B. Anthony dollar a run for the money as most grotesque US coin ever minted. I've recovered a few Susan B. Anthony dollar coins and I was almost temped to throw it into my trash pouch. Yuck ! 001.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im starting to think that this Wyoming quarter isn't even complete. If it is it shows a complete lack of artistic creativeness. Guess I should look it up and see if this is really how it should look. It seems incomplete to me. Maybe its an anomaly and is worth more..? photo-335.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-336.JPG no detail in the engraving at all and a lot of empty space on the borders. Although there were some error coins, this is not one of them. Just a lack of artistic creativeness. Pretty dull coin. Still spends like 25 pennies though. Ill take it.

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree about this gold coin being damnable ugly. It is giving the hideous Susan B. Anthony dollar a run for the money as most grotesque US coin ever minted. I've recovered a few Susan B. Anthony dollar coins and I was almost temped to throw it into my trash pouch. Yuck !

Just wait until they mint one with Nancy Pelosi on it! :laughing7:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree about this gold coin being damnable ugly. It is giving the hideous Susan B. Anthony dollar a run for the money as most grotesque US coin ever minted. I've recovered a few Susan B. Anthony dollar coins and I was almost temped to throw it into my trash pouch. Yuck ! View attachment 1455534

Why get rid of a perfectly spendable dollar?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread