Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dirtlooter
  • 1 Post By Loco-Digger

Thread: tried a new program at the soccer field

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    11657 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

tried a new program at the soccer field

I have been toying around with different programs off and on. My biggest problem is I tend to forget things I thought I clearly understood but I haven't used it very much. I do have some very heavy iron places and so I watched several videos by Calabash using the sifter program and thought that I would give it a whirl. I wasn't sure how the full tones would be for me to handle but there is only one way to find out. Basically the iron wasn't that bad in the field so I used my own program to locate targets that I was interested in and then switched to the sifter program to see how it sounded on it. I can see that it will be a little challenging for me but I can see where it can really shine. I haven't had time to see how it responds on gold especially the thinner gold rings. We managed to get close to $4 in clad with two keys thrown in. The mowers had worked several finds over pretty badly, found about a fifth of a clad quarter, a cut in half cross and several chunks of various bling jewelry. While I was busy trying out the sifter program, my wife went on a dime tear (for her) and found 18 and 4 quarters while I cleaned out square tabs and one ring. Wish I could tell you how it was silver or gold but it was one of a billion thin aluminum kid's rings, oh well. I was using 18 khz on both programs so my VID numbers read higher. I will dig most anything that is repeatable enough to get an idea where it might actually be not just because it has the numbers that might be good. I would like to thank Calabash for his videos and inputs as I try to learn this deus. There are numerous other Tnetters that also share their knowledge on this awesome machine and I thank them too.
    Loco-Digger and dsdigger like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16936 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Sounds like your enjoying your new machine. Keep doing what you're doing and the gold will come.
    dirtlooter likes this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links