Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been driving by this place for quite a while and it's a big place but hadn't been able to catch anyone there. Ended up being several people there but I decided to bite the bullet and wade in. After a few conversations with various people, I got directed to the man who would decide. The man thought about it for a minute or so and answered me "yes and no". Conditions on digging I figured as he had me follow him. Then he stopped and pointed way to the back and told him that I could actually help them with a problem. Now I am wondering what I have gotten into to but answered, "Sure." Turns out they have lost the locations of three or four aluminum markers that had been driven into the ground for references. Be glad to I answered and then the guy told me since I limped pretty badly that I could even drive back there just no donuts. Wow, super easy permission plus he said that anything that I found was mine. So the wait was and is worth it because this area has great potential. My last two attempts for permission ended with the old "no, somebody did this and did that and we don't want anyone to detect here again." So, the day started off with a EKG at the VA to get started on some cardio procedures later and then this awesome permission! Hopefully will get to go get an hour or so in before dark, I am stoked and so is the little woman. still can't believe it.:headbang:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck to you sir!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck to you! Hope you find the markers and some keepers for your collection. Happy Hunting and on the permission!:icon_thumright:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, dirtlooter, I imagine you are busy detecting now so I'll look for the pics later! Ddf

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you got a good plan and already to go. Good luck.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet. I hope you can locate the markers. Then onto the treasure. Glad things worked out in your favor.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"you can keep everything you find"
If you find something big, I wouldn't open your mouth. That statement will change in a Hurry! Rubbing the rabbits foot for your dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread