Pin pointer Suggestions

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good Question...My 1st son got the Whites TRX He loves it! My second son got the Garrett Carrot and wound up getting rid of it for the TRX. And then their is me:laughing7: I have the Nokta. I do indeed like it alot but....putting the battery in and not paying attention to its position will cost you. Not sure how much yet. I have sent mine in for repair.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1 on the Nokta. Ive been in the sea with mine. Super (adjustable) sensitivity, adjustable volume,mute, LED, spare cover,belt mount sheath.

Chub

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take a look at the Xpointer Pro line, by Deteknix. Their Wader model is waterproof to 10 feet, just like most other waterproof pointers. But when separates it from all the others is that it's dual-powered, being able to accept both 9v batteries and AA batteries. That a really big plus, in my opinion. It's also, to my knowledge, the only pointer that uses PI instead of VLF, which means it won't false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look at the Xpointer Pro line, by Deteknix. Their Wader model is waterproof to 10 feet, just like most other waterproof pointers. But when separates it from all the others is that it's dual-powered, being able to accept both 9v batteries and AA batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Whites TRX is also dual powered. It takes both 9V and AA.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The orange colored Garrett Propointer (aka the "Garret Carrot) is a great waterproof pinpointer.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recommend the SunRay. It is like a 1" coil that you switch over to use from the main coil. Uses the detectors' display, batteries and your headphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread