chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all fairness, the OP did say he will post a video so perhaps the box will show up in the vid....or more precisely what the OP percieved was the box.

Chub

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
shall I start a thread for everyplace I have not found treasure?

aagricola

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
DANG! I really hope he's found it! This would be exciting. How many treasures of this size have actually been found over the past century?

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he said in post #75 in this thread that he did not find it!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We skeptics are often criticized for "ruining the fun", but I'd rather be a skeptic than an adult who feeds on childish fantasies.

The OP wrote in the first post: "I have solved the poem, went to the treasure site, saw the box..."

"Saw the box" is specific, and now we see that he never retrieved the box.

Is this a treasure hunting site or a fan fiction site?

It would be nice if the site's culture were one of fact. Santa Claus is for kids.

This one thread reflects only this one thread... Not the site itself. :/

Your slander / angled statement seems to be directed at "the site"... when in fact it should only be directed at the poster of this thread only.

Why is it you have chosen to "generalize" / "lump in" the entire site's "character" due to this unknown / new user post / thread ?

Seems that one would have some sort of "angle" or motive to make such statements... not once but twice.

Not sure if your statement was meant to try and discredit the site or ?

Nor do I really care what your motive is...

IF this is far from the case... remember your are online with thousands of others... AND...

In every crowd there are many kinds.

This thread reflects the author only.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A picture is worth a thousand words.

We have seen pics of other treasures that have been found & recovered.

There are some treasures that you will never know that have been recovered.

On this one i'm still skeptic.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh.... and there it is,.... the real reason for the thread. heh

SPAM > !

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahhhh.... and there it is,.... the real reason for the thread. heh

SPAM > !

Yep. I suggest this entire thread be deleted and consider banning the user as he only joined to spam us.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
That video was a complete waste of my time.

After that, I need a heavily spiked coffee.

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James, it was a great clue solve. One of the best. You had to look there to rule it out.

Based on your groundwork, I'll be posting a clue solve for the Ouray area in a few days for all to ponder its possibility and plausibility.

Have to get it coherent and readable, so it'll take a while before I post.

Don't care who finds the treasure, just want it found this year.

ThirtyDollars

Greenie
Jun 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC: I've read a lot of silly stuff on this site. I'm not judging people, and I'm not saying this is a bad website. I'm just really saying that BS should not be tolerated. Some other guy on another thread was insisting that there are little leprechaun type people guarding treasure in the hills of Georgia. There are other threads just as outlandish.

Science is based on provable facts, and my opinion is that it's ignorant for anyone to make claims without proof. If I owned the site I'd actually suspend accounts in which people pulled these kinds of stunts.

I knew back in the day Geraldo Rivera would find nothing. People said I was a drag, even after I proved to be right. Geraldo poisoned the well, so-to-speak, and it lowered the credibility of others by default. So, yes, when one person concocts a silly fantasy and publishes on this site, it puts the site's credibility on the line, and that isn't right.

In simple terms, an entire barrel of fresh apples will be rejected by customers if he sees one or two rotten, oozing apples on top. It's for this very reason the term "bad apple" was coined.

I've read at least three or four threads now that turned out to be just a fantasy. It just makes me want to throw in the towel. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

I simply hate BS.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members have same option as a television, don't like a program, turn the station, don't like a thread turn to another thread, there are thousands of stations/threads here.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does anyone know that someone hasn't already found the treasure months ago ?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AARC: I've read a lot of silly stuff on this site. I'm not judging people, and I'm not saying this is a bad website. I'm just really saying that BS should not be tolerated. Some other guy on another thread was insisting that there are little leprechaun type people guarding treasure in the hills of Georgia. There are other threads just as outlandish.

Science is based on provable facts, and my opinion is that it's ignorant for anyone to make claims without proof. If I owned the site I'd actually suspend accounts in which people pulled these kinds of stunts.

I knew back in the day Geraldo Rivera would find nothing. People said I was a drag, even after I proved to be right. Geraldo poisoned the well, so-to-speak, and it lowered the credibility of others by default. So, yes, when one person concocts a silly fantasy and publishes on this site, it puts the site's credibility on the line, and that isn't right.

In simple terms, an entire barrel of fresh apples will be rejected by customers if he sees one or two rotten, oozing apples on top. It's for this very reason the term "bad apple" was coined.

I've read at least three or four threads now that turned out to be just a fantasy. It just makes me want to throw in the towel. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

I simply hate BS.

Good to hear an intelligent voice now and again. It is very clear that many posters do not understand what Science is and have no clue as to how to apply the Scientific Method. Those folks would be better served on a Dungeons & Dragons or similar site. Unfortunately, this also applies to a couple of folks in authority as well. I guess its Entertainment vs serious hunters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread