Guess I'm A Crass, Inconsiderate, Neanderthal, and Hater!

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly what they do for a living and I'm not trying to argue. "men with guns" is a stereo type.
There are cops like that but most are not. There will come a day, not long I'm afraid that we will wish there were more willing to do the job.

HH, RN

Hey Joe :hello:,

You are extremely lucky then because where I live it is the exact opposite. They carry guns all of the time and already don't respond to 911 calls or if they do, it's far too late and too little and they will also harass people who call on top of it instead of going after the criminals! GOD help you if you disturb them and they get a call having to leave the doughnut shop. I know that also sounds like a stereotype too, but here unfortunately it is a reality.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly what they do for a living and I'm not trying to argue. "men with guns" is a stereo type.
There are cops like that but most are not. There will come a day, not long I'm afraid that we will wish there were more willing to do the job.

HH, RN

Cops like what?

Men with guns is not a stereotype, it is the reality of the matter. Every law in America is ultimately enforced at the point of a gun. They might give you every chance to surrender, but make no mistake. If a person resists enough they will open fire. That is part of their job.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common sense seems to be in short supply with some people now days. Like don't let your kids run out in traffic because "they might get hurt".
If you can get done what needs to be done with out calling in the law thats great, but if you need to, do it, thats what they are there for.

When my kids were learning to drive, i told them, "if its bigger than what your driving, don't!" ....you will lose, no matter who's turn it is.
Common sense.

When it comes to doing what i figure is the right thing, i have to answer for it, no matter what others opinions of me maybe.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few weeks ago I went to Wally World with my 2 boys. Crossing the crosswalk between the entrance and the lot a non-english speaker about ran us over as he rolled through the stop signs. Holding the hands of my kids, I pulled them to a dead stop as soon as I realized no stop was coming.from the driver.

I blew up. Screamed, "WTF! Stop you stupid :censored:!" He kept rolling through and it took everything I had to not put my fist through his open window into his face. I should have drawn a bead on him for attempted murder.

This is becoming common around here with the new people. Every week it's something.
How did you know he was a non English speaker and what did that have to do with busting the stop sign? And curious what you mean by new people.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
How did you know he was a non English speaker and what did that have to do with busting the stop sign? And curious what you mean by new people.

Well, I think it's just safe talk to avoid politcal key words which woul cause the post to vanish.

This isn't the place for such discussions in full color. Forget about it. :metaldetector:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suggest it not go further, we have a politics forum for that.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I think it's just safe talk to avoid politcal key words which woul cause the post to vanish.

This isn't the place for such discussions in full color. Forget about it. :metaldetector:
Yeah, you're right. I didn't mean it politically, but it reminded me of somethin really funny that happened at work (very diverse workplace, but English is the required common language) where I thought 'Whoa' was universally understood. It's not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you're right. I didn't mean it politically, but it reminded me of somethin really funny that happened at work (very diverse workplace, but English is the required common language) where I thought 'Whoa' was universally understood. It's not.

For me since I grew up in the country riding horses it means STOP and I have also used as an expression of surprise.... "Whoa, did you see her in that bikini!"

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
It is definitely interesting times when racism is considered politics.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I'm A Crass, Inconsiderate, Neanderthal, and Hater!

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

That being said, Hi my name is insontis and I'm a smart-ass.

On a side note, totally agree with you. If it hadn't been a near death experience, maybe a touch too verbally expressive (in my opinion), but the child was seriously almost harmed.. I'd say a few #$%^ words myself.

astralea1692

Feb 28, 2015
southwestern Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Nope-not yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told (,more than most) "it's not what you say, but how you say it." But honestly...there's not time to think of wiley, witted euphanisms when kids are that wild & buck...I'd much rather the whole damn world think I'm whacko, etc... ALONG with 'momma' being mad--better than her grieving! Pat yourself on the back, bud. You get a huge "attaboy" from this end!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread