Beach scoop suggestions

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Stavr scoop and love it.

It comes for Ukraine and was well worth the wait.

I also have a Stealth 720i water scoop, and have to admit that I've not used it once.

Metal Detecting Toys.jpg

The big one with the handle attached is the Stavr scoop, the one without any handle at all is the Stealth, and the small mouthed one is something I made with pieces from around the house.

The funny thing about the one that I made, is it's great on soft beach sand.

Hope that helps?

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I have is like your small round one..im looking for something more wide and not round like the one on the far left

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to the Sunspot site and read the warranty on the Stealth before you choose a brand.
And you wont find better people to deal with.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll check it out

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you buy these do they come with a handle or do you have to get your own

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Usually you get your own or buy one along with the scoop. Some folks get creative; lots of options there from wood to metal to carbon fiber.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a Stavr scoop and love it.

It comes for Ukraine and was well worth the wait.

I also have a Stealth 720i water scoop, and have to admit that I've not used it once.

View attachment 1465788

The big one with the handle attached is the Stavr scoop, the one without any handle at all is the Stealth, and the small mouthed one is something I made with pieces from around the house.

The funny thing about the one that I made, is it's great on soft beach sand.

Hope that helps?

*** WARNING ***

I wanted to check out the Stavr Sand Scoops, so I went to their' website but immediately received a warning that my' computer had been infected by the Zeus Virus, to call Microsoft Technical Support at an (866) number and then my' computers Browser froze. I believe that this was some type Phishing Scam or a Scam as it appears that my' computer was not infected and the telephone number shown, is not any of the telephone numbers listed for Microsoft Technical Support.

Frank

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
*** WARNING ***

I wanted to check out the Stavr Sand Scoops, so I went to their' website but immediately received a warning that my' computer had been infected by the Zeus Virus, to call Microsoft Technical Support at an (866) number and then my' computers Browser froze. I believe that this was some type Phishing Scam or a Scam as it appears that my' computer was not infected and the telephone number shown, is not any of the telephone numbers listed for Microsoft Technical Support.Frank

I guess I'm a masochist, but I just went to the Stavr site and did NOT get a virus warning. I do run very heavy duty security.

Their scoops are half the price of a Stealth - I have the 920iX and love it. It is an almost indestructible beast. The Stavr scoop isn't as beefed up as the iX version of the Stealth. I can't really see that you'll be wanting to pry out big rocks with it. But I like that the Stavr has a longer "nose" than the Stealth - sometimes we get targets which are in between rocks, and they're a bear to get with the Stealth.

As for a rod, I picked up an Ash post hole digger handle for $14.95 versus the hundred bucks Stealth wanted for their carbon fiber rod. What I like about that is that when I let loose of the handle, it floats upright for me to just reach out and grab.

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How handy are you?
Back to story telling. I got the treasure hunting bug from an eclectic old man Named Cecil Miller. Cecil was a rock hounding MDing, sifting make anything out of anything type guy. He actually had pieces of the London Bridge in his house as he worked on the project as an engineer when it moved from London to Arizona at Havasu> What a guy. He gave me my first standing Liberty Quarter when I was 6 or 7 years old. I got bit bad. I was after every type of treasure a little boy could grab. Anyway, Cecil fabricated a beach sand dredge type sifter. He made it from the frame of an old push mower the 2 wheels and the handle. He mounted the sifter frame into it so it had a metal scoop edge with bottom and sides made from expanded metal. He would drag it to fill it and bounce the handle to sift the sand and repeat Wish I had it today. it was clever (as most of his creations were) And sifted a heck of a lot of beach.
Miss that guy.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*** WARNING ***

I wanted to check out the Stavr Sand Scoops, so I went to their' website but immediately received a warning that my' computer had been infected by the Zeus Virus, to call Microsoft Technical Support at an (866) number and then my' computers Browser froze. I believe that this was some type Phishing Scam or a Scam as it appears that my' computer was not infected and the telephone number shown, is not any of the telephone numbers listed for Microsoft Technical Support.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I just went to their website (on my iPad) and didn't have a problem at all?

That of course doesn't mean that there isn't a problem with their site though?

Ruslan is the owner and I'm pretty sure I still have his contact info, I'm going to send him an email to see if things have changed on his end.

I won't post a link here so I don't get accused of providing bad links, but if you want me to send you the link I used I will?

DSA also mentioned he didn't have a problem, so is it possible you were using a public wifi or something?

As for the difference between the two companies.......Stealth offers a limited lifetime warranty, whereas Stavr was two years I believe?

There was also a substantial price difference between the two, and with the Canadian dollar being so poor to the US dollar........well it just made more sense to get one from the Ukraine for me.

I also had a difficult time in getting a reply from Stealth (several emails over a two week period without an answer), and they day I ordered my Stavr, Stealth finally replied.

Not taking a shot as I'm sure things have greatly improved over the past 3 years, I just found Stavr to be much more responsive.

Good luck.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*** WARNING ***

Frank
You need to get a good antivirus software and set it to autoupdate. I use Avast.com Its free and it works. With all of the adware floating around companies do not get a choice of the advertisements on their sites. Their provider sells the slots to companies that choose what you see. Sometimes those companies sell spots to others and so on and it gets impossible to manage. You end up farming out this garbage from your site and you have no control. Thank you big ad business Google and Facebook!

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I went through my emails and found my purchase order to Stavr, so I sent Ruslan a message.

Here is his reply to me questioning his site. I did mention that my iPad had no problems, but it sounded like PC's might be?

Hi John,
all is well ,

Thanks for the warning.
I'll write to the administrator let him check the site carefully.
I checked and everything works well, no virus was found.

best regards

Ruslan.

Now back to the scoops......I don't think it matters what scoop you end up with, but make sure you get a good handle.

Ash is apparently one of the better choices (from a cost perspective), as it hold up to the water well.

There are some really good carbon fiber ones out there, but the costs are crazy.

I can buy a lot of wood handles with what the cost of a carbon fiber one would be. Of course water hunting isn't my main thing, so perhaps that could make a decision in my purchasing?

I would also suggest not getting a tapered shaft as well, as they tend to break easier.

Good luck as there is a billion different answers out there as to what's the best.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you need to talk to Sunspot, call them. You wont believe how nice and helpful the lady is.

Also, I don't think its been mentioned: if you need it soon, you probably better buy from a north American company.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Frank,

I just went to their website (on my iPad) and didn't have a problem at all?

That of course doesn't mean that there isn't a problem with their site though?

Ruslan is the owner and I'm pretty sure I still have his contact info, I'm going to send him an email to see if things have changed on his end.

I won't post a link here so I don't get accused of providing bad links, but if you want me to send you the link I used I will?

DSA also mentioned he didn't have a problem, so is it possible you were using a public wifi or something?

As for the difference between the two companies.......Stealth offers a limited lifetime warranty, whereas Stavr was two years I believe?

There was also a substantial price difference between the two, and with the Canadian dollar being so poor to the US dollar........well it just made more sense to get one from the Ukraine for me.

I also had a difficult time in getting a reply from Stealth (several emails over a two week period without an answer), and they day I ordered my Stavr, Stealth finally replied.

Not taking a shot as I'm sure things have greatly improved over the past 3 years, I just found Stavr to be much more responsive.

Good luck.
He probably had the cookie/virus/bug what ever already. They are very clever. You can click on a site and everything looks normal. Then it counts clicks. 5 sites later, or 10 clicks later it kicks in, Whamo you have been served. You think it comes from one site but you really picked it up 5,10, 25 sites ago. Where were you 10 clicks ago? Makes it very hard to trace. My Avast antivirus goes off, Bells ringing flashing lights VIRUS Detected! And nothing happens Site looks very normal. Click avoid and exit out. Once you get a Good virus software that thing is dinging all the time. They are EVERYWHERE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread