Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to buy a device that I could put in the latitude and longitude and five on the right spot. Is there something on the iPhone that really works? Any advice would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can you not get google earth on an IPhone? Put in the coordinates in the search box, click search, and there you are.

Don't know about IPhones, but it's free for everyone else.

---------

BTW, did you ever wonder where the term Iphone came from? Apple named it the IPhone, because "Incompatible Phone" just didn't have the same "sexy" sound.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you not get google earth on an IPhone? Put in the coordinates in the search box, click search, and there you are.

---------

BTW, did you ever wonder where the term Iphone came from? Apple named it the IPhone, because "Incompatible Phone" just didn't have the same "sexy" sound.

I just read that you can put your coordinates in on Google earth on the iPhone yeah

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

---------

On that note, I had more than one buyer call me and tell me I gave them the wrong address for a meetup spot for Craigslist sales. I asked if they were calling from an Iphone by chance, and they said yes. I told them the address was indeed correct, it was their sorry excuse for GPS on their Iphones. :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jut put it in without the degree symbol, follow your latitude followed by an N (for north) or S (for south), then add a comma (,) and repeat with your longitude with E (for east) or W (for west)3.

For example:

32 55 26.38 N, 106 38 26.03 W

Type in exactly as shown, and it will take you to Victorio Peak.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you have heard about people being robbed or even killed during Craigslist transactions. How about the police station parking lot.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jut put it in without the degree symbol, follow your latitude followed by an N (for north) or S (for south), then add a comma (,) and repeat with your longitude with E (for east) or W (for west)3.

For example:

32 55 26.38 N, 106 38 26.03 W

Type in exactly as shown, and it will take you to Victorio Peak.

Got it thank you very much

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if you have heard about people being robbed or even killed during Craigslist transactions. How about the police station parking lot.

I live near New Orleans they'll kill you for your iPhone

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I live near New Orleans they'll kill you for your iPhone

Unless something has changed recently (and I can say this being born in Baptist Hospital in New Orleans and growing up in and around the city, including "Metry"), you don't have to have an Iphone to get killed.

Get caught in the wrong part of the city and they might kill you because you don't have anything to steal.

Wait, Abita Springs? You're almost in Mississippi! LOL!!! Great spring water there though!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've heard, sometimes I do in fact meet at the Police Station.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a real hand held GPS unit for geocaching. If you have a need and want accuracy this is what you need. Too many geocachers are using smart phones and are off up to 100 feet or more. Most annoying.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good information on the Google search.....great topic as well. I use to work with gang bangers from Detroit and sorry to say (with the exception of Chicago) I would not be caught on any street in any part of Detroit after 12:00 P.M. lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snap, that's a good hint. It also saves you time by weeding out the crooks & losers. I tell them to give me a call when they get to the cop shop parking lot & I'll be right over. Same with sellers! Can't count how many times I've looked up the cop shop closest to them and said I'd meet them in the parking lot there. I'll get a call back saying "Oh! this other guy showed up and it's gone......"

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless something has changed recently (and I can say this being born in Baptist Hospital in New Orleans and growing up in and around the city, including "Metry"), you don't have to have an Iphone to get killed.

Get caught in the wrong part of the city and they might kill you because you don't have anything to steal.

Wait, Abita Springs? You're almost in Mississippi! LOL!!! Great spring water there though!

Born and raised in New Orleans East. (War zone) Metry is going to hell in a hand basket and I see myself moving further and further out every 5 years.

P.s. The best water in the world [emoji289]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread