Trunk Treasure.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got around to cleaning my Command Vehicle trunk. The stuff in the pile came from my trunk. I reckon a few zincolns may have got tossed in there so I'll have to sort through that eventually. Now my CV is ready for another load. Oh my, that was hard work. I need me some sun tea.:toothy2: Ya'll have a great day.

Trunk Treasure 002.jpg Trunk Treasure 003.jpg

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drilling a few holes in the floor pan might solve this problem. :thumbsup:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet your mileage will improve too!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WHAT? You don't have one of those detectors that knows exactly what you are digging? I have a custom made pouch that my son-n-law made just for me, it holds quite a bit but all according to what you put in it but sometimes it can get pretty darn heavy and I have to stop and empty into something else in the bed of the truck. I like to have a decent pile to show people what we find a lot of. there are those that think that it is all good stuff. yesterday evening was one of those humbling days, pull ring, shotgun shell headstamps, and iron, not one coin of any sort. But just one hole can change everything. Sometimes finally finding something good can almost make you want to act like those Digger Guys on TV and do stupid celebration stunts....Naaw!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see some good stuff in that pile

Good eye mate. Yeah, I have to set me up an electrolysis tank and take better care of my iron finds. Some of them make excellent display items for that "rustic" look.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet your mileage will improve too!

Yes sir. My struts, coils, and new tires will be grateful as well. No way to tell but, I reckon there's 200 pounds of various materials in that pile of treasure.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT? You don't have one of those detectors that knows exactly what you are digging? I have a custom made pouch that my son-n-law made just for me, it holds quite a bit but all according to what you put in it but sometimes it can get pretty darn heavy and I have to stop and empty into something else in the bed of the truck. I like to have a decent pile to show people what we find a lot of. there are those that think that it is all good stuff. yesterday evening was one of those humbling days, pull ring, shotgun shell headstamps, and iron, not one coin of any sort. But just one hole can change everything. Sometimes finally finding something good can almost make you want to act like those Digger Guys on TV and do stupid celebration stunts....Naaw!

I buy "beater" cars for treasure hunting purposes. I wouldn't be able to toss all my wonderful trash finds into a nice shiny clean vehicle. Like you I also like to be able to show folks what I find and have a few examples on hand if they inquire. I do think finding a large plastic tub for my trunk will help me keep things a bit better "organized". OUCH! I hate that word.:laughing7:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Naw get a five gallon bucket. That gives you a handle to just lift it out.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you've been magnet fishing....with a car...

new thread....post your piles of crud. I have bags and bags full of this also. I guess we all do?

chub

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you've been magnet fishing....with a car...

new thread....post your piles of crud. I have bags and bags full of this also. I guess we all do?

chub

I actually have a friend who documents and organizes all his finds. Not sure what he does with his trash but, I am certain his wife wouldn't let him pile it up all over the place like I do.:nono::pain10:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh oh. I think you accidentally yanked out your catastrophic converter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread