EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am outrages that Indians own slaves including other Indians of other tribes.

Does not matter to them what you feel. It was another time.
You paid tribute to stronger nations or suffered.
Your enemies strength reflected on your strength.
Captured by an at the time enemy resulted in torture ,and or death ,or slavery ,or adoption.

As Euro influence altered the former ways , things evolved to anything from a different type of war with former enemies ,to alliances with them ,even if having to be submissive.

Judging a people of a past we did not live ( and diverse nations within those people) who's culture we decimated is not really necessary is it?

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indians were tough to control in battle and scalped people, so the commanding generals were not big fans of those units as I recall. They like a bit more order.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
BS not all were like that!!! :angry4: Why am I not surprised this coming from you? My GGGrandfather and other family members were missionaries to the Cherokee in North Carolina. They never interfered with making them change their heritage and/or culture! They helped them in many good ways with food, clothing, etc. regardless of whether or not they accepted their Christian beliefs. In fact my GGGrandfather married a full blooded Cherokee woman when it was still looked down upon by most. He never made her change and always made sure that their 2 sons retained the skills of the Cherokee and were proud of their heritage!

You took my advise and separated as you see it. Thats good. Generaly "ALL” is to wide a classification and rarely true. As such I left it to others to make the separation. Your GGGrandfather was ahead of his times.

On a side note: No Bachelor of Science Degree. BS :laughing7: School of hard knocks.

Last edited:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indians were tough to control in battle and scalped people, so the commanding generals were not big fans of those units as I recall. They like a bit more order.

Actually Native Americans learned that from the "white men" (for lack of a better word). They were paid for killing Native Americans and would prove it by showing the scalps with the long hair. So the Native Americans did it back to them for FREE! :laughing7:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You took my advise and separated as you see it. Thats good. Generaly "ALL” is to wide a classification and rarely true. As such I left it to others to make the separation. Your GGGrandfather was ahead of his times.

On a side note: No Bachelor of Science Degree. BS :laughing7: School of hard knocks.

I can't believe you actually gave me a reason for saying this but, Thank you Escape Lol! :laughing7:

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stande Waite ///////////// check him out ................

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stande Waite ///////////// check him out ................

What a damned TRAITOR!!! :cussing: He wasn't lucky enough to have been assassinated over the Trail of Tears among many other things, he lost everything, everyone and had to Watie and live to a miserable, ripe, old age!

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stronger tribes murdered many of the weaker tribes all the time. Poor weaker tribes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm very familiar with that. I've traveled the Appalachian trail that crossed Blood mountain in N. GA. Blood Mountain got its name from a battle between the Creek and Cherokee Tribes. I explored a small cave there once and there plenty of caves and underground tunnels in and around Blood Mountain.
Marvin

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am outrages that Indians own slaves including other Indians of other tribes.
Humanity has yet to learn that immoral and unjust treatment to others isn't the way to live regardless of how lucrative it seems at the time.
What did POGO say?????? "We is our own Wust enemies". It will date you if you understand the POGO quote.:laughing7:
Marvin

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Escape, I was kidding.

I'm not easily offended.

Lol <safe space>

You can't "offend" the unoffended. When you're proud of who you are, where you come from and what you believe in, it's impossible. "Offended" what a joke. It's not the color of skin it how thick it is.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The stronger tribes murdered many of the weaker tribes all the time. Poor weaker tribes.

Yes, (this isn't pride, just a sad fact) my people, the Houmas, destroyed the Acolapissa in the area of what is present day Hammond, LA.

Oh wait, that couldn't have happened because the Federal Government changed the political language when they found oil. Savages (NDNs) were considered "Free Men of Color" --- a legal definition --- under Louisiana law before the Great War of Northern Aggression. Negros who had achieved their freedom by buying their way out of slavery or otherwise becoming free men were called "Free Colored Man".

Then, oil was discovered on the land my people occupied. Well, since blacks were not allowed to own land in Louisiana at the turn of the century, the folks in Washington decided that a "Free Man of Color" was really a "Free Colored Man", so they took all of our land they wanted by simply saying we had no right to own the land.

Now, these same legal entities have refused our nation legal recognition --- even though the nation of France has had diplomatic relations with my people since the 1700's --- in fact, they had to restrain my great uncle Dave when the State of Louisiana issued him a birth certificate stating he was Negroe back in the 1950's.

BTW, if anyone doubts the Cherokee fought FREELY, I have a question for you:

Who was the last Confederate General to surrender?

It was Stand Wattie ... a Cherokee Chief (if memory serves).

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live 30 minutes from Hammond. I also have family in Houma. Thanks for the history lesson. I love History.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Humanity has yet to learn that immoral and unjust treatment to others isn't the way to live regardless of how lucrative it seems at the time.
What did POGO say?????? "We is our own Wust enemies". It will date you if you understand the POGO quote.:laughing7:
Marvin

Great post! :icon_thumright: Who's POGO? ???

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! Out WEST, Gen. Albert Pike, CSA had command of several tribes, for the REBELS; he worked with Chief/Gen. Stand Waitie... BOTH KGC (Knights of the Golden Circle). Would have had BETTER luck herding cats! HA!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread