Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I've just started researching native Americans this year. What I am finding is that the native Americans were fighting amongst each other before the "white man" invaded their land. And then, whoever they befriended, they automatically became the enemies of that particular tribe's enemies. I'm also learning there was a lot of manipulation by the French, British, Colonists, AND Native Americans. I'm not saying that I condone the treatment of the Native Americans, but I am understanding a little more of how it transpired.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great post! :icon_thumright: Who's POGO? ???

Pogo was a cartoon character who I think lived in the Okefenokee Swamp (or was it the "Great Dismal Swamp" ... getting old so I forget sometimes) in Florida.

anchorage-daily-news-newspaper-0418-1971-pogo-earth-day.png

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've just started researching native Americans this year. What I am finding is that the native Americans were fighting amongst each other before the "white man" invaded their land. And then, whoever they befriended, they automatically became the enemies of that particular tribe's enemies. I'm also learning there was a lot of manipulation by the French, British, Colonists, AND Native Americans. I'm not saying that I condone the treatment of the Native Americans, but I am understanding a little more of how it transpired.

Keep researching. A pursuit that can last a lifetime.
There are times an account will really change a perspective. Not good or bad but just how much of a tremendous part of human history is out of sight.
A complex nationwide network and on a smaller local scale as well ,very established and not willy nilly in politics or culture clash.
Shifting alliances all had serious reasons , but compared to long term ones... just shows a required flexibility at times.

Those "rough" accounts of what an pre Euro enemy may endure get put aside , but the reasons for how enemies were treated differ far from our "modern" perspective of war or conflict..Pre Euro contact is interesting as all get out though ,with faint trails to follow now.. Even a mundane account can be insightful.
Things went downhill fast post contact for many reasons beyond any superior strength of one side.

Life needed tending. Food needed put up sometimes or you roll the dice (with fatal consequences for multiple gamblers) and when things needed doing was dictated by nature . Warring(not a neighboring raid or defending a site , but traveling far from home) instead of taking care to follow seasons times and the makers allowing things in season... came at a cost.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why wouldn't they fight against the Union? The union represents the federal government the government that broke all the treaties and stole all the land and in all the lying.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I have had a great laugh over this thread, as it would be what I would post if I were to speculate what life was like on Mars, or in Germany a thousand years ago. I thought a lot of racists at first, but obviously just a lack of education, and some are studying it, so there's hope. I won't address anything else, y'all can do some research, but I will say a little about that Custer fight up north. Talk to those folks up north and they will tell you ' The Cheyenne did the fighting, the Sioux got the glory, and the Crow got the land'. (I LIKE the 'NDN' reference by Chadeaux, cause I mentioned that one time and nobody knew what it meant..)

When I first read your post I thought dumb liberal but then I realize you were just pompous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When I first read your post I thought dumb liberal but then I realize you were just pompous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure you want to stick your neck out that far?

I think you are mistaken or have misunderstood ... twice.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have had a great laugh over this thread, as it would be what I would post if I were to speculate what life was like on Mars, or in Germany a thousand years ago. I thought a lot of racists at first, but obviously just a lack of education, and some are studying it, so there's hope. I won't address anything else, y'all can do some research, but I will say a little about that Custer fight up north. Talk to those folks up north and they will tell you ' The Cheyenne did the fighting, the Sioux got the glory, and the Crow got the land'. (I LIKE the 'NDN' reference by Chadeaux, cause I mentioned that one time and nobody knew what it meant..)

Whoa Mr..
I'm no racist.
My truck is slow. My Heald supertryke is slower yet , even the golf cart is slow ,and my tractor is real slow.
And I can't run....:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread