Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I got my finds delivered from my trip to England last year. The waiting was torture, but totally worth it. I didn't clean any of the buttons while I was there, so it's a treat to now clean and reveal what I've got.

There's around 100 buttons to clean up, so I picked a few out and gave it a shot. I don't get the chance to dig really old buttons where I live so digging flat buttons was exciting, although every time I dug one I was hoping it was a coin!

Here's a few that I like, especially the anchor button. Can anybody ID it? It looks to me like it's similar to buttons dug by people in the colonial areas. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501109918.940069.jpg

Here's the pile, I've got some work to do. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501110005.282207.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501110124.093923.jpg

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought that same big button with the gold guilt. I never by buttons but that one caught my eye and I had to have it. Great finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk IMG_0002.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought that same big button with the gold guilt. I never by buttons but that one caught my eye and I had to have it. Great finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk View attachment 1476627

Yes that looks very similar, although yours looks to have even more detail around the edge. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
your navy button looks like a variation of some buttons used in the late 1780s, the plain button with a fouled anchor
I have one similar from a colonial site

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your navy button looks like a variation of some buttons used in the late 1780s, the plain button with a fouled anchor
I have one similar from a colonial site

Cool, thanks for the info. I was happy to see the wee bit of gold gilding emerge with a splash of lemon juice.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was one nice trip.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great to see that you received your finds back. Its like Xmas opening the pouch up again, and reliving the time spent digging old in the UK. Oh I couldn't count on how many times I said, or thought that same thing "Hoping it was a coin"-then getting one hoping it was a silver! Lol
Nice selection of buttons from the trip and getting them cleaned up is going be fun.
I know that I'd probably be some what more obsessed with detecting if the history here was as old as they have it over there.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see that you received your finds back. Its like Xmas opening the pouch up again, and reliving the time spent digging old in the UK. Oh I couldn't count on how many times I said, or thought that same thing "Hoping it was a coin"-then getting one hoping it was a silver! Lol
Nice selection of buttons from the trip and getting them cleaned up is going be fun.
I know that I'd probably be some what more obsessed with detecting if the history here was as old as they have it over there.:laughing7:

Yes it's great to finally be able to go over all my finds. And yes it makes it hard to be happy with a wheat cent or mercury dime now haha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread