Calling All Diggers, Treasure Hunters, Prospectors

aagricola

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am currently working on a project that will culminate in 2018 with an exhibition. I have been collecting soils and stories from locations I have discovered where there is said to be buried treasure. I would like to have a broader reach of contributors than just people I meet along my journeys, which is why I signed up on treasure net.

I find searching for buried treasure to be more than just a search for wealth but also a connection to myth, to the land, and to the self. Every treasure story I have come across has revealed something both insightful and hidden about the history of a place. We live in a time where we believe that everything is mapped and discovered, and I think looking for treasure is the perfect example of how there is still so much to be uncovered and explored.

Places I have gone to collect soil and stories of treasure hunters include: Medellin, Colombia, Hogg Mountian, AL, Deloniga, GA, and Cumberland, MD.
Places I want to either go or enlist help from any of you willing to participate (and I am willing to provide a modest stipend for your time): Franklin Mountains, Superstition Mountains, Unitah Mountains

Here is how you could be involved if any of you are interested:
1. If you are planning an outing (especially in the aforementioned mountains listed above) I will pay you to collect a ziplock of dirt to ship to me from the place you visit, along with the coordinates from where it is gathered.
2. Furthermore, I would like to hear about how the excursion goes, what you found or didn't find, what clues lead you to believe you were on the right path or not, ect.

That is pretty much it! I know this sounds crazy (especially coming from a newbie!) but I hope that I hear from some of you. Let me know if you have questions.
:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread