Wheat penny question

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A more concise answer can be found by goggling the Coin websites where they would list dates and such. Use the good site Jim gives.

Enjoy.

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
if your thinking if picking through them and cashing in on the non valuables i say put the jar away under your bed or something and let it be. you didnt have them before so you wont miss them and the only thing they can do is go up in value.

the feds have been replacing our real copper pennies with copper plated zinc pennies for a few years now. its just matter of time before they have managed to remove all copper pennies from circulation and that will just make what you have more valuable.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
First I would separate every cent and see how many complete set you have.Then pick out the best for your self(Condition and color.)Key dates:You want 1909s V.D.B signature and or a proof one-1914 d-1922 no d-1931s-1944 d over s-1955 double die-

Good luck

RD

OP
OP
Stormin Norman

Stormin Norman

Jun 2, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
I sifted through them all today, i managed to fill up a book from 1941-1972 except i'm missing 1943 steel s. Also there were 57 1955's but no double dies. as for the key dates i had none worth much. so aside from completing that book (almost) i'm throwing them and my other 120 wheats back in the jar and they're staying put for a while

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread