Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Gas Shortage

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    1420 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmjamsit View Post
    Just price gouging nationwide allowed by the "authorities". Plenty of fuel here in Colorado. Just have to pay more.

And the alternative would be.....................?
    .........Letting the goobermint set prices for it? Is that what you really want?

Just remember who is cheating you (or trying to) and never do business with them again. And urge all your friends to do the same. The Colonial Pipeline customers are buying gas from other regions and trucking it into the affected areas. That will raise it some, but if anyone is truly gouging, DO NOT EVER buy from them again.
    Capitalism 101- let the marketplace decide.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2007
    Colorado
    Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
    579 times
    Metal Detecting
    It is a state of emergency. It has been formally declared a disaster area. Yes the government should order a price freeze. No profiteering while folks are suffering. Same as during a war. Sometimes they add a "windfall" profits tax. Yes this is what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampFerguson/TN View Post
    And the alternative would be.....................?
    .........Letting the goobermint set prices for it? Is that what you really want?

Just remember who is cheating you (or trying to) and never do business with them again. And urge all your friends to do the same. The Colonial Pipeline customers are buying gas from other regions and trucking it into the affected areas. That will raise it some, but if anyone is truly gouging, DO NOT EVER buy from them again.
    Capitalism 101- let the marketplace decide.
    AlienLifeForm likes this.

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    1420 times
    Metal Detecting
    Fair enough.
    Gov declares an Emergency and gains the right to set prices. Yeah, thatll work well as a long term strategy.

Hey, if that's what you want, that's fine. I like free or cheap as much as the next guy. But I know it ends badly when you think past the immediacy of the moment. (coughvenezualacough)
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7
    3386 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nothing but money grubbing crooks. THERE IS NO GAS SHORTAGE The Colonial Pipeline threatened to shut down but did not and the idiots went crazy with the prices. It has gone up forty cents a gallon here in Virginia.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    23622 times
    The shortage is caused by the refineries being shut down in east Texas including the largest refinery in America located outside of Port Arthur, Tx.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Feb 2009
    5583 times
    We're getting it up you know where here in Eastern Ontario. Being the long weekend and the hurricane they justified a jump to $1.299 a litre for regular. That makes it $4.917 a US gallon!
    AlienLifeForm and franklin like this.

Charter Member

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    21756 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    as of yesterday the Gougers (Thieves) have it up 30 cents here .

$2.79 for regular.

the Largest producer should be online again any day now.
    But my guess prices will keep Rising all year

yep up 10 more cents today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gass.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	1490378

tomorrow probably $2.99

the sad part PA has no Gouging Laws, and as long as they jump it up daily instead of all at once, it gets ignored
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 03, 2017 at 04:39 PM.
    franklin and AlienLifeForm like this.

us
    Feb 2013
    YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y.
    WHITES DFX AND VIPER TRIDENT added a Fisher F75
    1388 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'm in upstate NY, about 90 miles from NYC... lots of gas, no lines, but, went up about .30 - .40 cents a gallon , in the last 10 days.
    franklin and AlienLifeForm like this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7
    3386 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    as of yesterday the Gougers (Thieves) have it up 30 cents here .

$2.79 for regular.

the Largest producer should be online again any day now.
    But my guess prices will keep Rising all year

yep up 10 more cents today.

Name:	gass.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	1490378

tomorrow probably $2.99

the sad part PA has no Gouging Laws, and as long as they jump it up daily instead of all at once, it gets ignored
    Oil profits have to make money off that Labor Day Travel coming up. They always do. Everytime a NASCAR Race comes to out town they jump the prices a quarter or more. We have to pay for everyone enjoying themselves.

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    2172 times
    Gas is still scarce here, it is going to be a big problem come Tuesday if the tanker trucks don't start rolling in.

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    1420 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Oil profits have to make money off that Labor Day Travel coming up. They always do. Everytime a NASCAR Race comes to out town they jump the prices a quarter or more. We have to pay for everyone enjoying themselves.

Those Evil Capitalists! How Dare they make a profit for their investors! I'm Entitled to cheap stuff that I want.

Next time. I'm just going to pay attention to the news and fill my tanks and cans AHEAD of the disaster!

Name:	12_extra_big.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	1490388
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    2172 times
    Those Evil Capitalists! How Dare they make a profit for their investors! I'm Entitled to cheap stuff that I want.

Next time. I'm just going to pay attention to the news and fill my tanks and cans AHEAD of the disaster!

franklin and GA_Boy like this.

Charter Member

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    21756 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Yea I think we should see if China has some cheap Gas to sell.
    Maybe some of that good old Leaded gas that doesn't Gunk up engines !
    & helps warm things up
    franklin, AlienLifeForm and Keppy like this.

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    2172 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Yea I think we should see if China has some cheap Gas to sell.
    Maybe some of that good old Leaded gas that doesn't Gunk up engines !
    & helps warm things up
    I just want the regular ethanol-free gas back.

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    1751 times
    Gas around here in the north Midwest went up about 40¢ a gallon, which is not unusual for memorial day weekend. That's just cause of supply and demand, free market forced. Sounds like it went up less than a dollar a gallon i n Texas flood areas.

What some of you might not realize is that the gasoline needs to be shipped from the refinery to the gas pump, and transportation costs are higher due to road closures and delays. It ain't nessesarily gouging, the oil companies are just passing their cost on to the consumer while maintaining profit. No evil doers, just people that want to sell gasoline, and they got to eat too.

As far as government price fixing- Have you lost your ever-loving minds!?? Ask Venezuela how government price fixing of eggs at 30¢ USD equivalent per a dozen worked out. Within a day of the decree there was not an egg to found for sale in any store anywhere. And some people want that kind of availability for gasoline here in the USA!? Bless their hearts, I guess.

Eta this is a post about economics, not politics.
    Last edited by Duckshot; Sep 03, 2017 at 06:35 PM.
    "Some things are believed because they are demonstrably true, but a great many other things are believed simply because they are asserted repeatedly." - Thomas Sowell

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links