jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as of yesterday the Gougers (Thieves) have it up 30 cents here .

$2.79 for regular.

the Largest producer should be online again any day now.
But my guess prices will keep Rising all year :(

yep up 10 more cents today.

gass.jpg

tomorrow probably $2.99

the sad part PA has no Gouging Laws, and as long as they jump it up daily instead of all at once, it gets ignored

Last edited:

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in upstate NY, about 90 miles from NYC... lots of gas, no lines, but, went up about .30 - .40 cents a gallon , in the last 10 days.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as of yesterday the Gougers (Thieves) have it up 30 cents here .

$2.79 for regular.

the Largest producer should be online again any day now.
But my guess prices will keep Rising all year :(

yep up 10 more cents today.

View attachment 1490378

tomorrow probably $2.99

the sad part PA has no Gouging Laws, and as long as they jump it up daily instead of all at once, it gets ignored

Oil profits have to make money off that Labor Day Travel coming up. They always do. Everytime a NASCAR Race comes to out town they jump the prices a quarter or more. We have to pay for everyone enjoying themselves.

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas is still scarce here, it is going to be a big problem come Tuesday if the tanker trucks don't start rolling in.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oil profits have to make money off that Labor Day Travel coming up. They always do. Everytime a NASCAR Race comes to out town they jump the prices a quarter or more. We have to pay for everyone enjoying themselves.

Those Evil Capitalists! How Dare they make a profit for their investors! I'm Entitled to cheap stuff that I want.

Next time. I'm just going to pay attention to the news and fill my tanks and cans AHEAD of the disaster!

12_extra_big.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Evil Capitalists! How Dare they make a profit for their investors! I'm Entitled to cheap stuff that I want.

Next time. I'm just going to pay attention to the news and fill my tanks and cans AHEAD of the disaster!

View attachment 1490388

Yea I think we should see if China has some cheap Gas to sell.
Maybe some of that good old Leaded gas that doesn't Gunk up engines !
& helps warm things up :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I think we should see if China has some cheap Gas to sell.
Maybe some of that good old Leaded gas that doesn't Gunk up engines !
& helps warm things up :icon_thumright:

I just want the regular ethanol-free gas back. :sadsmiley:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas around here in the north Midwest went up about 40¢ a gallon, which is not unusual for memorial day weekend. That's just cause of supply and demand, free market forced. Sounds like it went up less than a dollar a gallon i n Texas flood areas.

What some of you might not realize is that the gasoline needs to be shipped from the refinery to the gas pump, and transportation costs are higher due to road closures and delays. It ain't nessesarily gouging, the oil companies are just passing their cost on to the consumer while maintaining profit. No evil doers, just people that want to sell gasoline, and they got to eat too.

As far as government price fixing- Have you lost your ever-loving minds!?? Ask Venezuela how government price fixing of eggs at 30¢ USD equivalent per a dozen worked out. Within a day of the decree there was not an egg to found for sale in any store anywhere. And some people want that kind of availability for gasoline here in the USA!? Bless their hearts, I guess. ???

Eta this is a post about economics, not politics.

Last edited:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can beat the price hike some. E-85 burns fine in my fuel injected chevy trucks. It is 103 octane and I get no check engine light. Also boosts performance quite a bit. Usually I only go a quarter tank of E-85. I can go a 1/3 tank if I have to. I get about 20% less mileage per gallon of E-85 compared to E-10 gas. All gas in Colorado is at least E-10. Ethanol burns way cleaner than fossil fuel. E-85 is $2.09 here.

Oh and the price hike is simply speculators in the investment markets. Not broken refineries, Wall Street! Sheesh!

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/gas.aspx

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want Government to "Help"?

It is a state of emergency. It has been formally declared a disaster area. Yes the government should order a price freeze. No profiteering while folks are suffering. Same as during a war. Sometimes they add a "windfall" profits tax. Yes this is what I want.

You just want cheap gasoline and expect that force and coerison will fix the problem. But the government does not lower gas prices, never have yet. The government INCREASES gasoline prices at both the state and federal taxes, and sometimes even local municipal taxes.

If you want cheaper gas by way of government interference then petition your representatives to freeze tax collection on gas. That would save you 18.4¢/gal Federal tax, and 20¢/gal Texas state tax. And then, maybe, government can lower the price at the pump 39.4¢ /gallon. Without unforseen or unintended consequences.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come to think of it our truck is a flex fuel vehicle, i should check out the price of ethanol.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Don't worry it won't be long before they get wind of E85 being used in race cars, and jack the prices. Makes more power but you have to use more to do so.
We went from 480 cc injectors to 2000 cc injectors in our car to run E85 at the track.

So far down here, gas has been hit or miss as to whether stations have any gas at all. Did find a little trick to beat the lines. Show up at 3 am at the 24 hr places. I did yesterday, there were only 3 other cars at the 24 pumps. When I went to work at 8 they were lined up out to the highway at the same place.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last I saw they are busy Gouging up here

nearer.jpg going over.jpg north.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, same here in SwPa. Closer to 3 bucks here.

I'm surprised it is taking so long to reach $3 here

$2.89 is a 40 cent Rise.

(50 cents for me. I had a 10 cent a Gallon discount last time I filled up,
trying not to waste my 10 cents per this time on such high prices, so I'm babying my Tank) 3/4 tank left. and long trip tomorrow to butcher etc. will do me in though :(

the news keeps saying Gas is only up 7 cents .
Where they get the 7 Cents I don't know.

Officially up 7 Cents before the Gouging maybe.

I should own a Gas station , I could become a multi Millionaire this week again

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ours went from $2.13 - $2.89 in less than a week. Doesn't matter what they call it, it all comes out of the same pocket.
At lest this time they have an actual event to blame rather than trying invent some fantastic lie to justify an increase.
I would love to have been able to increase prices in our business when ever we needed more money. It just doesn't work that way if your not part of the monopoly. Because we have competition and pepple would go buy from them. It came down to whom ever had less overhead could survive on lower income got the customers.
Not the same playing field for the big boys, they have more leverage legal or otherwise and they use it.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Legitimate service stations hardly make anything on gas sales. There just isn't any room for mark up with the competition a block away and if they can make a few cents a gallon they are lucky. The refineries charge what they need and alot of it is speculation of the future.
The taxes you pay and the subsidies to the ethanol farmers far outweigh any price increase.
The ethanol farmers are paid whether their crops fail or not and you pay for that too. It's not a system set up to benefit the average peson.
If you're an ethanol farmers life is good. I have a buddy in Western Kansas that lives high off the hog now selling his corn to the feds. If his crops fail they even pay him more. Makes me want to think about a career change!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread