Coinmaster or Treasure Master for Grandson and Me

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I sold my Whites MXT Pro with a full two hours of use and now am getting something my 7 year old grandson and I can use. I do the finding, he gets to Dig!

So I have a Coinmaster coming like tomorrow, and now thinking maybe the Treasure Master would have been a better choice. I already have a pin pointer, trowel and the rest. Just need something simple and it works. Maybe, just maybe I will use on the beach at Panama City Beach this winter.

Advise or an idea welcome, yes I like Whites that's all I have owned.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand getting a metal detector that you can use and eventually your grandson will be able to use. However, you sold one of the best metal detectors out there for the money that has an excellent track record on amazing finds. Yes, it does have a little harder learning curve to get use to the settings but hands down, it is 4 to 5 times the metal detector that you have on the way. As far as your question is concerned, I have had a owned and used a lot of older Coinmaster Models and had pretty good success with most of them and great success with the old White's 2000-D that I once owned. I know very little about the newer Coinmaster Models and nothing about the Treasure Master, so I can't be of much help.

Frank

OP
OP
W

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I wanted something simple so he could learn. The MXT had a very steep learning curve. I have been reading the reviews on the Treasure Master and its a step up from the Coinmaster but still easy enough a 7 year could learn it, not to mention the big differance in weight even I noticed. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Compadre, with an 8" coil! :occasion14:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
My Whites coinmaster was just three years old last Nov. 14. In that time I have found just over $1,000 in coins plus the jewelry, small artifacts, and much junk. At 75 years old, I think I am doing pretty good and still learning tricks with the machine. If it ever fails I will buy a new one in a heartbeat.

Mar 7, 2017
Hudson Valley Region of NY
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
White's TreasurePro
White's MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the White's TreasurePro which is just one step up from the Treasure Master. They are almost the same. I love my TreasurePro. It is a great machine. I don't own a newer Coinmaster so I can't say much about that machine. It should be a fairly easy to use I would imagine. The Treasure Master would be a good machine too. With the sale of your MXT Pro you could get both the Coinmaster and the Treasure Master.

If you don't mind me asking... How much did you cell your MXT Pro for?

GL and HH

OP
OP
W

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the White's TreasurePro which is just one step up from the Treasure Master. They are almost the same. I love my TreasurePro. It is a great machine. I don't own a newer Coinmaster so I can't say much about that machine. It should be a fairly easy to use I would imagine. The Treasure Master would be a good machine too. With the sale of your MXT Pro you could get both the Coinmaster and the Treasure Master.

If you don't mind me asking... How much did you cell your MXT Pro for?

GL and HH

I got $475 shipped. The Coinmaster is coming today , I just might return and get the Treasure Master.

OP
OP
W

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was like new condition. I just did an exchange and ordered the Whites Treasure Master instead. This is about my 4th detector in the past 6 years.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Terry Said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread