jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just don't start a business around spamming sites with links to streaming.
I ban members for life for posting streaming links.
most seem to be traced back to India .
Slap 'em around for me will ya ? :laughing7:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL!

What type of business start-up "revolves around treasure hunting"?

You selling detectors, shovels, magazines, or gold pans to treasure hunters?

Starting a Coinstar competitor that accepts crusty zinc?

I don't understand, perhaps you could be less specific. :tongue3:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi

I'm planning to develop a business model for my startup that revolves around treasure hunting. Do let me know what all can you imagine when you hear this. Let me know your ideas and expectations. Also suggest me some platforms where i can check out some business models too :D

Whats your level of investment? Or is this a school project/paper?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with that.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a start up idea. If you want to make a small fortune in the treasure hunting business, start with a large fortune.

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can hide some treasure then write a book with clues so people will go crazy looking for it and some will lose their lives, Oh, Forest Finn already done that. Start your own house cleaning out service or storage locker wars, then sell the stuff at a store, flea market and online? Collect all the treasure rumors and legends for your state or an app that shows you likely treasure spots wherever you are ,using your location? Develop a better sand scoop? a lightening detector built into a metal detector that will blink when lightening is detected even when a storm looks far away. An app that according to your location, tells you the mineral makeup of the area and if it possibly contains precious metals or gemstones? There's the pocket fisherman, why not a pocket metal detector for ground hunting? I have no clue what your asking or what an upstart is.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of someone who was thinking of starting something similar. I think he was more orientated around teaching people beach hunting and shallow water hunting. Hiring out the machines and becoming a dealer. A bit like a dive shop....ofcourse he could plant finds to amp up the customers and make people more likely to purchase a unit.
There is a meteorite school that I saw once on meteorite men...or was that dirt fishing? That said, I think even Dr. Tones was hoping to be picked up by discovery.

Chub

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My company, Arizona Gold Adventures, grew out of my addiction to gold prospecting and nuggetshooting. For almost a decade, we taught thousands of people from all over the world, and all walks of life, to prospect for gold and use the tools of the trade.

The realities of running a company that requires 25- $600.00 VLF detectors; 15- $5,000.00 PI detectors; 10- $500.00 drywashers; $10,000.00 annually in Liability Insurance; vehicles; picks; shovels; pans; buckets; re-circulation sluices; Five full-time prospecting instructors; yadda-yadda-yadda, can become overwhelming.

After I closed the school and retired, I decided to move into consulting, and coordinating large gold prospecting expeditions internationally. My advice is to really think it out and do your due diligence. If you really love it like I do, it will never be "work." :skullflag:

Attachments

• vpmiaz.jpg
    vpmiaz.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 88
  • aga21011.jpg
    aga21011.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 88
  • march72011a.jpg
    march72011a.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 82
  • TerrynMel2 (2).jpg
    TerrynMel2 (2).jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 85
  • gtrewq.jpg
    gtrewq.jpg
    965.2 KB · Views: 97

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...There is a meteorite school that I saw once on meteorite men...or was that dirt fishing? That said, I think even Dr. Tones was hoping to be picked up by discovery.
Chub

Might of been our school -

Attachments

• mju765.jpg
    mju765.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 78

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As someone else asked - how much do you have to invest in this venture?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first thought for a business model is the revenue. How do you forecast annual revenue from treasure recovery?

Traditionally this would involve setting up a corporation and selling shares to be used in paying dividends after expenses are covered.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP states " revolves around treasure hunting" so can be like Terrys school, Mel Fisher recovery, Dirt Fishing - successful you tube channel, gold rush -tv show (sort of a business) , the dive shop model,copy cat Forset finn, become an agent for sluices /detectors .... so as silly as it sounds there may be an oppertunity amongst all that .... as opposed to counting the days clad from detecting....

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
which reminds me.... where is the OP?

Chub

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIA....he's waiting at the other end for the fish to swim into the net.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
MIA....he's waiting at the other end for the fish to swim into the net....

You were the one that said it, not me. So perhaps you will be the one to get the warning not to imply disbelief of any sort in other's a) intentions, b) TH'ing stories, c) methods, etc... Tsk tsk. Repent :laughing7:

(just kidding. You were very polite and delicate about it, ha)

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detecting tours of your country. You secure the permissions, ensure any antiquity laws are followed. Share local history associated with the sites and finds.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Metal detecting tours of your country. You secure the permissions, ensure any antiquity laws are followed. Share local history associated with the sites and finds.

Bingo. This is sometimes still done. Even in England where they speak english and md'ing is common-place. Because some American tourists like things "all set up for them" when going to a foreign country. I heard of another guy who did this in the satellite states of old Russia (Transylvania , Romania, etc...). And he had no shortage of Americans willing to plunk down $3 k each to be led around to farmers fields where old villas once stood.

And there is ALWAYS ways to stay within the laws of most ANY country. Even ones where it's seemingly dire, it's usually just a mis-understanding of what types land the law pertain to, etc....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread