Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out to a place that appeared to be a colonial ghost town on the lidar, there looked to be between 6-8 cellar holes. I drove twenty minutes, and walked a mile and a half down the trail. I went to the first cluster of cellar holes, the whole area was so metal detected that there was a hole every square foot. I went to the second cluster down the trail, of only two cellar holes, and found not one single detecting hole. At least I have two that haven't been touched, I guess I will be sharing this site with someone else. I didn't bring the metal detector to it, I just scouted, I hope to detected sometime tonight.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
These were abandoned around 1800, the cluster that hasn't been metal detected has an extremely deep stone lined well next to it.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck hope you are correct and it hasn't been detected....hope you have something to share later

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck hope you are correct and it hasn't been detected....hope you have something to share later

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Me too!! My hope is that because the second cluster is so off the beaten path, and very hard to access, not appearing on any maps. That no metal detector has discovered the place yet. You wouldn't go there unless you knew there was something there.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck there, you tend to do well at spots like that - extreme exploration :)

And it appears you'll go the extra "mile" on this one as well!

There be treasure waiting for you there you know. If you get rich, it's okay if you disappear. We'll miss you, but understand the need for privacy :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck on the two "virgin" cellar holes! :occasion14:

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
The two virgin cellar holes had cans EVERYWHERE underground, and a sleeping bag in the cellar hole. Sounds like a homeless shelter to me.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two virgin cellar holes had cans EVERYWHERE underground, and a sleeping bag in the cellar hole. Sounds like a homeless shelter to me.

Bummer Coinman, I was pullin' for ya! But something tells me if you get rid of that trash and homeless bodies and poke around some more, you will find some good stuff! Hope to see a revised post with pretty pics...Ddf

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

yes, but maybe colonial homeless people?

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Bummer Coinman, I was pullin' for ya! But something tells me if you get rid of that trash and homeless bodies and poke around some more, you will find some good stuff! Hope to see a revised post with pretty pics...Ddf

I hope to soon! I have to plod through a twenty foot long flood zone to get there though, after walking over a mile up a hill. Anything for colonial artifacts though! Maybe I will come with a trash bag sometime and grab twenty years of garbage from the place, I saw cans from the 1970's-1990's in that place. It's a little unsettling seeing a sleeping bag and a mattresses in the bottom of a cellar hole though, and some underwear and t-shirts outside of it. I am also not very sure if I want to see what is in the bottom of the well. Maybe dedicate a day or two to just cleaning out the place, I also need to avoid the interference of the power lines close by. I was sure that this site would be incredible!

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps thats why they were not previously detected. Did the sleeping gear and clothing items look recent?

Keep up posted and stay safe out there.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps thats why they were not previously detected. Did the sleeping gear and clothing items look recent?

Keep up posted and stay safe out there.

Maybe 2-10 years old, they were halfway buried by leaves and ripped apart by animals. Who knows what is completely covered by the leaves though. I don't think anyone lives there at the moment, but it wouldn't hurt to stay safe anyways. I will try to find a cellar hole closer by right now, and easier to hike to (but not visible from the trail, I think I am asking for way to much though), this place will probably stay as a last resort at the moment.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

well ive never met a homeless person with a Md, getting through the trash
prob would be a job

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to soon! I have to plod through a twenty foot long flood zone to get there though, after walking over a mile up a hill. Anything for colonial artifacts though! Maybe I will come with a trash bag sometime and grab twenty years of garbage from the place, I saw cans from the 1970's-1990's in that place. It's a little unsettling seeing a sleeping bag and a mattresses in the bottom of a cellar hole though, and some underwear and t-shirts outside of it. I am also not very sure if I want to see what is in the bottom of the well. Maybe dedicate a day or two to just cleaning out the place, I also need to avoid the interference of the power lines close by. I was sure that this site would be incredible!

There ya go!! Since you can't be sure that any of those....visitors...have been there recently, cleaning the place up would certainly spook any homeless bodies from staying if they saw recent activity. No holes=no detecting=colonial goods! Good luck on that spot...Ddf

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22126.gif

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, the above post of yours now "really" ties in with your title, "OWWWW the Pain!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread