Going to Oklahoma City for a week

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Spidey, just as the commericial used to say..."never leave home without it".

However, non-MD related..........there are 2 places that I strongly recommend (museum/historical)...one place is Oklahoma National Memorial (site of the OKC Bombing) and the other is the Cowboy Hall of Fame (1700 N.E. 63rd Street). The OKC Memorial site will literally blow you away....so tastefully done.

You might want to check the Oklahoma section of TNET and ask some of the guys in there.

---Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Spidey

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks! I hadn't thought about the OKC memorial. I'll at least check that out. I'm going to be busy during the days, and won't be there on the weekend, so I'll see about the museum.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I went on Vacation this year and left my detector at home and as we were driving around, I was saying how I would like to detect this spot and that one, etc.. My opinion, make room and take it.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Spidey,

I can honestly tell you that the OKC Memorial was the most tastefully done memorial that I have ever seen......and I live here in the Wash DC area. It will literally send chills up and down your spine. And, if you go there....get the commemorative coin that they offer...great thing to pass on to your following generations.

Sorry I can't help you on up-to-date info on OKC....(born and raised in Enid, OK..left there in '74). I'll be going to OKC myself in October.
--Mel

borninok

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Spidey,

You might contact Wayne's Detector Sales in OKC. I believe the address is 7515 S. Pennsylvania Ave, Suite E. (405)685-3130. They should be able to put you onto a few quick places nearby.

stoney56

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
Spidey,

You might contact Wayne's Detector Sales in OKC. I believe the address is 7515 S. Pennsylvania Ave, Suite E. (405)685-3130. They should be able to put you onto a few quick places nearby.

stoney56

Wayne is an excellent source to check with. You find his shop by driving the I-240 on the southside of OKC. Take Pennsylvania Ave. exit. His shop is on the southside of the interstate behind the quick-stop gas station on the west side of Penn, in the strip mall. He's the 2nd or 3rd shop off of Penn.

If you're driving in, stop at one of the local truckstops and pickup an OKC map ( 5 or 6 bucks ). There's a large, looooong park named Trosper Park, running north and south through the southern part of town that's pretty good pickin's. There's an annual Pow-Wow in some of the parks when tribes come in from all over the country for a week of get-togethers and a softball tournament. Real good parks to search. Don't go into those parks alone though. Wayne can probably introduce you to some hunting partners. I left there in Nov. 1996 to move back to my home state.

Wayne can turn you on to a lot a places. He's been in THing a long time and knows most of the local THers. When you see him, please tell him that Bill from Mississippi said "Hey" and "pass the chocolate chip cookies." ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread