I won but there's more .

danec71

Oct 14, 2014
washington
Detector(s) used
At gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I won my case against the guy that was locking me out of a gate to access my mining claims.he was the one that was trying to keep me coming through a forest service gate that was on a road that crossed his claim telling me he owned the gate and his claim was private property.i already knew I was good but didn't want to keep cutting off locks until the trial was done and atleast had something in writing he would beheld accountable for.any way three judgements includinding violating USC 30 612 and mineral trespass law which is a class c felony.he won't be held accountable for yet as he has told me he will not honor the judgements.
The more part.stopped by the district ranger office to let him know that I was going to cut this lock and if they had done anything to take care of this guy yet.as always it's he just went into a meeting or he isn't there at all.then I ask about the guy that usually takes care of these things or the law enforcement and know one is ever available.according To them it's a long process it takes time.almost 4 years now and there only 20 min from taking care off the problem.so I'm writing the district ranger a nice letter explaining to him the laws and regs he may be violating.how he could possible be putting my life in danger.how he can be sued idividualy as a forest service employee.i have some stuff already but i looking for anything I can send to this guy with my letter that might just make him think twice about the situation. Stuff maybe straight out of their handbook or anything that I not aware of. And then I'm gonna send this to his supervisor and maybe even to his supervisors supervisor. I'm sick and tired of this guy and I'm willing to go the distance with him just like I did The other guy. So if anybody has any good stuff quoting the number of the law or regulation would be great. thanks

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if he knows of the court decision, I would just keep cutting locks. leave him a note hoping he was finding enough gold to pay for the locks

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like jeff said + stay well armed and video all encounters.
Wouldn't hurt to talk to a <spit> lawyer for specifics on how to act in an encounter.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to be Old fashioned in these type s of matters, Bring a zip lock bag and Hand it to the guy, when He says whats this for? you knock his teeth out and tell him to carry them home in the bag.

The man must think he OWNS everything in the area. Far as the DotGov's, you may be wasting your time, they tend to be Lazy and pretty worthless all round. I'm torqued at the guy for you Danec and it sounds like it is You or Him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread