Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm in the woods, I look for flat, open spaces with grass growing. Most of the woods in my area are covered with ferns in the summer. Grassy areas with no ferns stick out like a sore thumb. My most recent woods finds (colonial shoe buckle, walking stick handle, KG copper) were all found at a spot that had no ferns, deep grass growing and was open and flat. There was no cellar hole and it wasn't that close to a stone wall. But someone definitely had a cabin at this spot at one time. Always look for the signs...

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want an arrowhead sooooooo badly. Would love to find an Native american camp. I'de trade all my current detecting sites for just one NA site
I`v looked for years and never found any Indian stuff,Cornell Collage digs sites close to my house... still nothing and Me in the middle of Seneca Territory.
Two miles out of Catherine`s Town ???
Ya Daffodils are a good sign of old home sites,but the flowers along the roads have diapered (dug up) in the 27 yrs. i`v been here, but the lye locks and some Hops for beer, are still around .
Gary

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want an arrowhead sooooooo badly. Would love to find an Native american camp. I'de trade all my current detecting sites for just one NA site

Only does you good if they work the ground up and they don't do much here anymore. TRULY SAD!!!!

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I`v looked for years and never found any Indian stuff,Cornell Collage digs sites close to my house...me still nothing .
Ya Daffodils are a good sign of old home sites,but the flowers along the roads have diapered (dug up) in the 27 yrs. i`v been here, but the lye locks and some Hops for beer, are still around .
Gary

I Totally forgot about the lye locks!!! huge sign, its not often you can smell you way to a cellar hole haha, but right time of year with lye locks you certainly can!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look for flowers like Iris, daffodils, apple trees, fruit trees etc. My most recent site has fig trees which is awesome! Now I just need to pull some coins if it hasn't been hit too hard to hard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread