DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your detector should be working much better than that. Have you checked to see what the discrimination setting is on. It may be set way too high and still pick up coins pretty good. I'm sure someone on here will have used one of them and can give you some pointers. Best of luck to you and welcome to the Treasure Net

DANGLANGLEY

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, too much discrimination.

You have to turn it down for gold to show up. Turn it down and test it on a gold ring until you get a good signal. Some gold comes in about the same VDI as nickels.

Don't know much about those kinds of detectors, but some have a setting for coins and jewlery. jewerly and beach, etc.

R

robert roy

What machine are you useing?
When I use my Ace250 gold shows up in the Nickle/alumimun-pulltab/range becaue they
have a very similar conductivity. DO a bench test until you find the right sensitivity for gold.
RR

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is wrong. As was mentioned set the knobs to the preset positions on the box and test it on the ring and coins. Even some gold chains won't make a PI sound off, but this is rare as mine will make me dig over a foot for a small piece of bread wrapper, but this is not a gold chain. It should find a small earring back too.

If you bought it from a dealer, take it back to see what they will do. It might just be a setting. Even if you bought it mail order or off ebay, Whites can make it right and will since you have a warranty from buying it new.

Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread