I Need New Hunting Partners - Well, kinda..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All! I really hate doing my own research to find new ground to detect, so I’m looking for some fellow metal detectorists to take me to their “go to” spots. This will not only benefit me, it will also help me impress some other detectorists I have been trying to glom on to. If your spot is good, I’ll call them right away, and we’ll go back and clean that sucker out! Just Imagine how good you’ll make us feel!

Now many people refer to me as “overbearing; short-tempered; immature; selfish; foul-mouthed; untrustworthy; aggrandizing; garish; sleazy; manipulative; greedy; vindictive; insecure; obnoxious; and boorish,” but they don’t Really know me. Heck, I’m a sweetheart!

Come to think of it, I can save you a lot of time and gas money (see, I Really am a nice and caring guy!). Just email me the location of your favorite spot with turn-by-turn directions and we don’t even have to meet – could I make it any easier?!

Thanks for helping me out! :skullflag:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
th (2).jpg

If I do what you want, there is no way I will be able to buy my RV with next years clad. :tongue3:

00U0U_77zwsmyxMWt_300x300.jpg

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like someone has made a harvest---- th1IIEOSAA pot.jpg

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry, you can search my front yard and my back yard, gauranteed to find many marbles, maybe even some other stuff. I'll even throw some indians in the back yard for you to find.
183 Scott St. Wilkes Barre Pa.

best wishes.....Joe McDonough

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind Terry,, as a matter of fact, you sought of remind me of me. Since my moving from NYC to Port Allegheny, I realized that there are a lot of really good spots I know of that I will probably never revisit.
On one hill in a certain park, this past Spring and Summer I dug out a couple of bucket list coins.
A Seated Half Dime and a Seated Half Dollar. A Capped Bust Half Dime and a Flying Eagle Penny. Those coins plus IHPs, LC s, some silver jewelry as well as over 30 silver coins and a ton of clad.
The honey hole I speak of is ,,, ,

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
PMing you every site I ever found, you really convinced me with that heartwarming description of yourself! I hope you can drive to NH!!!! :laughing7:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry - There’s an island off Milford, CT called Charles Island. Supposedly Captain Kidd buried treasure there but it has never been found. I’m asking for only 50% as a referral fee but let’s keep this a secret between just the two of us. SHH! Let me know how you make out. My brother and I will help you carry the treasure across the sandbar at low tide for no additional fee.
HH
dts

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I will give up a treasured spot. From NYC take the NJ Turnpike south. Then get on I-95 into Philadelphia, this is a HOT spot. In Philly get off I-95 looks like exit 22, you are approaching downtown Philly from the north. This road becomes N. 2nd street. As you know Philly is a very old city and a lot of really good stuff has come out of it. Proceed under the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. Turn right on Arch Street. It is a one way street, you have to be careful of the one way streets down there and of course modern road construction. It's been awhile since I've been there. Proceed four blocks and turn right on N. 5th Street. N. 5th Street tears off to the right. you will want to stay to the left. May want to find a place to park at this point. Your spot will be directly ahead less than 100' on N. Independence Mall. It's a big place, can't miss it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll scrambling on Mapquest at this point?

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comeau property off Tinker St. in Woodstock, NY. tell the supervisor, Bill McKenna I gave you permission to hunt ALL TOWN parcels--- & be sure to NOT FILL ALL HOLES --- he will understand it's to let the soil BREATHE pot fumes

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys really need to search my spot on the net. Just don't have a mouthful of coffee when you do it.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I could really use your help! When I lived in a Chicago suburb, I found a treasure map in an old book I got at a garage sale. It didn't give the exact location but I was able to narrow it down to a square mile. A major hurdle is a freeway runs right through the location, so I could only dig at night. I knew I was getting close to the treasure and am positive it's right under the freeway. I started to dig under the freeway and have attached a pic of the location. I've been at it for a while and believe I'm getting close. Any comments?

2017-11-09.png

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I could really use your help! When I lived in a Chicago suburb, I found a treasure map in an old book I got at a garage sale. It didn't give the exact location but I was able to narrow it down to a square mile. A major hurdle is a freeway runs right through the location, so I could only dig at night. I knew I was getting close to the treasure and am positive it's right under the freeway. I started to dig under the freeway and have attached a pic of the location. I've been at it for a while and believe I'm getting close. Any comments?

View attachment 1513981

It's under the tree's at Thornwood Park, well, what's left of it! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry - There’s an island off Milford, CT called Charles Island. Supposedly Captain Kidd buried treasure there but it has never been found. I’m asking for only 50% as a referral fee but let’s keep this a secret between just the two of us. SHH! Let me know how you make out. My brother and I will help you carry the treasure across the sandbar at low tide for no additional fee.
HH
dts

I found a Large Cent and a V-nickel out there near the pits, before some bird sanctuary lady told me I couldn't detect on the island. There are some very nice Native American relics out there as well! :icon_thumright:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well with all the viedos and leads you have got from folks,if you have not struck pay/dirt yet,it may not be in the cards for you...just saying.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry here is my secret spot... SoCal beaches..pick anywhere and go to it but please don't share this place as I don't think it's been pounded because I never see any other detectorists here.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions