Just saw this at a flea market...???
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree20Likes
  • 2 Post By Clay Slayer
  • 2 Post By digger460
  • 1 Post By davest
  • 3 Post By Tom_in_CA
  • 3 Post By against the wind
  • 1 Post By Loco-Digger
  • 3 Post By pepperj
  • 2 Post By digger27
  • 3 Post By Tom_in_CA

Thread: Just saw this at a flea market...???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2011
    Cajun Country
    Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer
    191 times
    Metal Detecting

Just saw this at a flea market...???

Any ideas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97B9F943-F5B0-41EE-AF57-930C40F99ABB.jpeg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	1526835
    DeepseekerADS and Loco-Digger like this.
    Evolution stopped when stupidity became painless...

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Southeast Grundy, Illinois
    EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
    3241 times
    miboje and DeepseekerADS like this.
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    970 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    How much was it for sale for? Did you buy it? As a piece of wall art it might look pretty good for a good price.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    1633 times
    Metal Detecting
    Still don't understand why the gov doesn't come down on these fraudsters.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10061 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampFerguson/TN View Post
    Still don't understand why the gov doesn't come down on these fraudsters.
    OOooohhh, you'e cruising for a bruising. Watch it feller. They obviously must work, since they're accompanied by testimonials. Haven't you see the pix of the guys posed next to the jars of coins they found ? Photographs don't lie after all

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21078 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    OOooohhh, you'e cruising for a bruising. Watch it feller. They obviously must work, since they're accompanied by testimonials. Haven't you see the pix of the guys posed next to the jars of coins they found ? Photographs don't lie after all
    You know I read that somewhere on the Internet, so therefore it must be true.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    17065 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    It would make a great conversation piece if it was cheap enough. Did you get the price$
    digger460 likes this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16313 times
    Relic Hunting
    Back in the 80's a local dealer was always showing me the latest best long range widget that could detect something miles away. He was on a fixation about getting a signal in the middle of a shopping center parking lot and wanted me to go 50/50 on digging this treasure up. ( Nice guy, but I don't think so) He demonstrated this new $1100 device in his downstairs showroom, and it swung right over to his safe containing all his gold and silver detecting finds.
    He was going on about this amazing device, and I kept on thinking "Ouiji Board"
    He started to detect my doubtful feelings and said that I could hide some gold in the office while he stepped out and he could find it once he returned.
    I agreed with the challenge and took the gold out of the open safe and hid it in a couple of spots in the showroom.
    He returned and it was amazing that device didn't detect one spot that I hid the gold. He scratched his head while making up a viable reason why it malfunctioned.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Southeast Grundy, Illinois
    EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
    3241 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    Back in the 80's a local dealer was always showing me the latest best long range widget that could detect something miles away. He was on a fixation about getting a signal in the middle of a shopping center parking lot and wanted me to go 50/50 on digging this treasure up. ( Nice guy, but I don't think so) He demonstrated this new $1100 device in his downstairs showroom, and it swung right over to his safe containing all his gold and silver detecting finds.
    He started to detect my doubtful feelings and said that I could hide some gold in the office while he stepped out and he could find it once he returned.
    I agreed with the challenge and took the gold out of the open safe and hid it in a couple of spots in the showroom.
    He returned and it was amazing that device didn't detect one spot that I hid the gold. He scratched his head while making up a viable reason why it malfunctioned.
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

us
    Oct 2009
    7662 times

Yep, if they worked, we would all be using one!

us
    May 2011
    2884 times
    The guts of this thing compared to what's inside a common vintage pocket transistor radio.
    The prices on these units vs. materials used was quite...different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insideview.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	1527116  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by digger27; Dec 17, 2017 at 10:41 AM.
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.
    Annnnd now an Equinox 800

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10061 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    ..... and I kept on thinking "Ouiji Board"....

No no no no. Look at Digger 27's post #12. It's *obvious* that it has electronic innards. Hence entirely scientific and electronic. Not hocus pocus, superstition, or spiritual. Recant of your accusations.

.... that device didn't detect one spot that I hid the gold. He scratched his head while making up a viable reason why it malfunctioned.
    Again, recant of your accusations. Do you find a gold coin every time you go out md'ing ? OF COURSE NOT. Hence why the double standard when asking for proof from this fellow ? Tsk tsk. And yes: I'm sure there was some valid reason why it didn't work for that table test . Eg.: Sunspots, solar flares, nearby magnets, a breeze, Electrical interference from the fluorescent light bulbs above, etc....

Ok, now hurry out and buy one !!

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16313 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    No no no no. Look at Digger 27's post #12. It's *obvious* that it has electronic innards. Hence entirely scientific and electronic. Not hocus pocus, superstition, or spiritual. Recant of your accusations.

Again, recant of your accusations. Do you find a gold coin every time you go out md'ing ? OF COURSE NOT. Hence why the double standard when asking for proof from this fellow ? Tsk tsk. And yes: I'm sure there was some valid reason why it didn't work for that table test . Eg.: Sunspots, solar flares, nearby magnets, a breeze, Electrical interference from the fluorescent light bulbs above, etc....

Ok, now hurry out and buy one !!
    I can't remember if there was a gold coin in the lot, but there was a few hundred rings and chains from his water detecting. Sadly one day he came home and somebody had used one of those long crowbar items to lighten his collections, plus 25-30 detectors.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links