Fat Arses Report here! Anybody want to do a biggest loser competition?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had 2 experts on tv. That said what i have seen for years, everybody is different in how they process different foods.
We are individuals. Our bodies process different foods differently. I can handle proteins easier. If i am hungry and eat fruit, i am starving 30 minutes later. For me carbs are filling. You just have to find what works for you and use it.
Best of luck!

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
>>Literally almost no fiber at all.

A poster above on Atkins Induction.

Y'all need to get the latest book by the Atkins Institute. The diet updated by research specifically specifies that one must eat 4 cups of listed vegetables a day to avoid constipation. And, 1/2 tsp of salt a day to avoid the sodium deficiency, THE NEW ATKINS FOR THE NEW YOU.

And, it's true that people are different. Long term records by the ATkins institute show that the diet only works around 90% of the time for those who actually follow it.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fish1on,

Good going one trick we use in our house is to make a lot of stews and casseroles and we make sure there's enough for 2 meals for both of us. That way we only have to cook supper every other day and we alternate so we cook supper 2 evenings in a row and flip flop eating the left overs from each on alternate evenings.

Hope this makes it a bit easier to keep on track.

Regards + HH

Bill

Better choices today:

Breakfast was a fruit smoothy, lunch was an avocado and 1 cup of brown rice, dinner will be a mix of peppers onions tomatoes rice and ground turkey made into a Mexican bake casserole dish. And lots of water.

I did snack a lot today but it was on nuts and granola, seemed to curb the in between meal cravings.

Water was enhanced with apple cider vinegar on my first 12 ounces and I have already replaced my second cup of coffee some time ago with decaf green tea.

I do 90% of the cooking but weeknight diners are provided by my wife and after a long day it is just easier at times to throw a box meal in the oven. Something we have to work on for sure. For now, we try to limit the portion sizes and supplement the meals with steamed vegetables.

My main problem is that I cannot exercise much with a bad back but I am trying to walk more and last year I started swimming every night when our community outdoor pool was open. No swimming now but plan to do that again.

Good luck to all of you and hopefully I have offered some ideas. I am not competing here just trying to lose some Lbs and start feeling better.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now we are talking!! Looks like this thread is off to a great start. I foresee some great results with peoples Health this year!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Msbeepbeep,

From what I can tell the best bet is to concentrate on nutrition dense foods, be it fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, meat, dairy, etc..
and try to avoid the over processed foods which are loaded with fats, sugar and salt.

And I'm like you fruit gives me a short term fix only and complex carbs work better such as multi grain bread, potatoes, rice, etc...

Regards + HH

Bill

They had 2 experts on tv. That said what i have seen for years, everybody is different in how they process different foods.
We are individuals. Our bodies process different foods differently. I can handle proteins easier. If i am hungry and eat fruit, i am starving 30 minutes later. For me carbs are filling. You just have to find what works for you and use it.
Best of luck!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Here's a video for home made hummus. This way you get to snack without guilt.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Focusing on lousing weight is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Sugar and processed food consumption is the main reason for weight gain. If you stick to real food you will louse weight. There are some good documentries on Netflix on the sugar industry and obesity and how our bodies process sugar. A real eye opener. If you look at food packaging they list content and daily percentage for eating. All the ingredients have an allowable daily consuption percentage except for sugar. A little jar of baby food can have up to 18 teaspoons of sugar. Thats how powerful the industry is.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Focusing on lousing weight is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Sugar and processed food consumption is the main reason for weight gain. If you stick to real food you will louse weight. There are some good documentries on Netflix on the sugar industry and obesity and how our bodies process sugar. A real eye opener. If you look at food packaging they list content and daily percentage for eating. All the ingredients have an allowable daily consuption percentage except for sugar. A little jar of baby food can have up to 18 teaspoons of sugar. Thats how powerful the industry is.

Correct if you understand that all carbohydrates are forms of sugar. So whether it’s honey, fruit or flour based products in the end it’s all sugar. Getting rid of the added sugars helps but as all of us diabetics know (or should know), you need to watch all your carbs and consume them in modest quantities.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Correct if you understand that all carbohydrates are forms of sugar. So whether it’s honey, fruit or flour based products in the end it’s all sugar. Getting rid of the added sugars helps but as all of us diabetics know (or should know), you need to watch all your carbs and consume them in modest quantities.
The body process very differently the sugar of fruit compared to the sugar in a soda or cookies. No one ear got obese from eating to many fruits. If you eat real cooked and natural foods you will louse weight. You have to experiment and see what works for you.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Refined sugar is a drug,thats why its in almost every processed food thats made,much like fluoride in drinking water.The flouride in tap water is the waste from the manufacture of aluminum.Aluminum is poisonous.Isnt that nice?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Refined sugar is a drug,thats why its in almost every processed food thats made,much like fluoride in drinking water.The flouride in tap water is the waste from the manufacture of aluminum.Aluminum is poisonous.Isnt that nice?
I agree that refined sugar is a drug. Many people are addicted to it. Count me in. And flouride, yeah... most people think it's put there to help prevent tooth decay, lol. Just in case anyone is interested... Fluoride: The Myth

an excerpt-

The Myth RevealedThe big hope for fluoride was its ability to immunize teeth against cavities. Decades of international experience has proven otherwise. Studies by the World Health Organization, Sierra Club and even the American Dental Association reveal the fallacy of fluoridation. Here are just a few of the findings.

Lowest rates of dental cavities occur in areas without fluoridated water supplies.
No difference in cavity prevalence between communities that fluoridate and those that had terminated fluoridation.
People in unfluoridated developing nations had fewer cavities than those living in industrialized nations.
Of 39,000 US school children ages 5-17 in 84 areas around the country, there was no difference in the incidence of dental decay between fluoridated, partially fluoridated or unfluoridated cities.
In Europe which has 98 percent unfluoridated water, the dental decay rate is declining at an equal and sometimes better rate than the US.
A 2001 article in the Journal of the American Dental Association admits that fluoride swallowed or incorporated into teeth is insufficient to have a measurable effect on reducing cavities.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I realize that complex carbs like a lot of other foods eventually convert to sugar.....the plus side is it's a slow conversion rate versus a spike you get from straight sugar or sodas and cookies and other sweet snacks.
Likewise fruit because of the fiber is much slower at being absorbed into the system.

I was told by a doctor how to be careful to avoid diabetes because our family is prone to type 2 to do the following.
1:-Control your weight.
2:-Regular exercise.
3:-Have very little or no highly processed sugar, soft drinks and sweets.

That advice came about 25 years ago and I've followed all 3 items on the list with minimal cheating. I was born in 1950 and knock on wood my sugar readings are still normal.

Regards + HH

Bill

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who wishes to participate feel free to forward me all of your Beer for safe keeping!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The Myth RevealedThe big hope for fluoride was its ability to immunize teeth against cavities. Decades of international experience has proven otherwise. Studies by the World Health Organization, Sierra Club and even the American Dental Association reveal the fallacy of fluoridation. Here are just a few of the findings.

Lowest rates of dental cavities occur in areas without fluoridated water supplies.
No difference in cavity prevalence between communities that fluoridate and those that had terminated fluoridation.
People in unfluoridated developing nations had fewer cavities than those living in industrialized nations.
Of 39,000 US school children ages 5-17 in 84 areas around the country, there was no difference in the incidence of dental decay between fluoridated, partially fluoridated or unfluoridated cities.
In Europe which has 98 percent unfluoridated water, the dental decay rate is declining at an equal and sometimes better rate than the US.
A 2001 article in the Journal of the American Dental Association admits that fluoride swallowed or incorporated into teeth is insufficient to have a measurable effect on reducing cavities.
Thats only what they told you it was for.I wont explain the real reason except to say that a certain party use to put it in a certain religious groups drinking water in certain camps because fluoride has a pacifying effect when ingested by humans.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

If you want to flush out some of the toxins, fats, etc from your system lemon juice helps to do the job.

Even if you don't have a weight problem it's still not a bad habit to take up. Insofar as loosing weight goes there was a guy who owned a barbecued chicken joint he was carrying about 100 lbs above his proper weight. Courtesy of eating the chicken, fries, gravy, etc... his doctor suggested he drink lemon water during the day to help with getting his weight under control.

Without any other changes in diet, etc...he lost 75 lbs over 1 year just from the lemon water option.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
1/1/18 my weigh in is 234 lbs.

LOL edited this is 2018

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a firm believer in the Beer Diet. I drank nothing but Beer for 30 days and went from 242 pounds to 256 pounds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions