jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Holiday Cash Add-A-Play game generates trees on a tic-tac-toe grid paying up to $500 when someone gets three in a line.
Lottery officials say that, for two hours Monday, trees were being printed in all nine grids, giving all players who paid $1 the maximum prize.

In all, $19.6 million was won.

But when players went to cash their tickets, the computer wouldn't pay. Dozens came Wednesday to the lottery's office in Columbia.

The South Carolina Education Lottery commission voted Friday to set aside the money to possibly pay all winners, but also to investigate Intralot, the company that ran the game, and get legal advice.

https://hosted.ap.org/republicanher...a-lottery-meeting-discuss-holiday-game-glitch

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You pay your money you take the chances, they should pony up to all the winners. No fault of the players it's a glitch from the printers. That or somebody sitting at the controls said Merry Christmas to all.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say pay out the 20 million to the people who are dumb enough to buy scratch tickets....the state would get the money right back anyway....as I'm waiting in line behind them, of course

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say they should pay. It wasn't the buyers fault the tickets were printed wrong.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We make a mistake we have to eat it so if they make one they should eat it too.....Pay em the money

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in the "right" state. My wife buys scratch off tickets each Christmas to use as stocking stuffers. Now why couldn't she have bought THOSE tickets this year?!! I didn't win a darned thing...as usual!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say pay out the 20 million to the people who are dumb enough to buy scratch tickets....the state would get the money right back anyway....as I'm waiting in line behind them, of course

You too, eh? I don't gamble and never buy lottery tickets. It's pretty much a government scam as far as I'm concerned. Standing in line behind someone who wants a half dozen different kinds of scratch off tickets just about drives me nuts!:BangHead: Save your money folks or for crying out loud invest in PRECIOUS METALS!!!:tchest:

Last edited:

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wife and i play scratches, pick 3 and pick 4. we do well on them. i figure we dont drink or smoke and play responsibly. we keep it to like 20 bucks a week. hell i hit for a 100 tonight on a 10 dollar ticket. so lady luck was with me.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Scratch off 's I've done in the last 3 to 5 years that I remember
were on Christmas Day.

One of my Nephews uses Scratch offs as Christmas Gifts each year.

last year , if I remember right all mine were winners,
had well over $100.00 in winnings.

this year only a $10 winner.

in order for me to buy lottery tickets the name needs to call out to me.
stores here no longer have all the tickets in a display case, on the counter.
at the register. they are now in vending machines,
so if there is a scratch off called Bucket of Gold, Treasure Search, or similar
that would make me think "Hmmm !" I won't know it.

the vending machine, at least in my case. destroyed the scratch off business.
not sure about other peoples. but when I shop, I go for what I already know I need,
and what is a Tease in front of My eyes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread