Underground Gold detector For Indian Soils

Aug 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear All,

Looking for Underground gold detector specially for the buried gold (coins, jewelry & gold bar etc,) expected quantity varies from 1/2 kilo to 10 kilo at the depth of 12 to 15 feet.

Required specifications (as per my littler knowledge)

1) 3D
2) Minimum depth 15 feet (if possible)

Please suggest me the best quality gold detector which fulfills my requirement

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Dear All,

Looking for Underground gold detector specially for the buried gold (coins, jewelry & gold bar etc,) expected quantity varies from 1/2 kilo to 10 kilo at the depth of 12 to 15 feet.

Required specifications (as per my littler knowledge)

1) 3D
2) Minimum depth 15 feet (if possible)

Please suggest me the best quality gold detector which fulfills my requirement

For starters, what makes you think treasures are necessarily "12 to 15 ft. deep" ? Those are the type depths that automatically go hand in hand with the legend and campfire ghost story type stuff. Unless you had some specific reason why a treasure must, of necessity, be that deep ? Or you know a landslide covered a spot ? etc... Because bear in mind that whomever was burying a cache in the old days, was probably intending to come back to it. And how is 1 ft. deep versus 12 ft. deep , lend it any more "hidden" ? As long as the top is covered and fluffed up, it's equally hidden. So why 12 ft. to 15 ft. deep ? If you've ever hand dug a hole that deep, you'd begin to see the point. Caches , even in India, get uncovered that are not necessarily deep.

But assuming that you did have an object that you need to find at that depth: The size of the object would need to be the size of a refrigerator or bigger, to get 12 to 15 ft. You will not find individual gold coins, or bars, at those depths, with a detector.

Why do you need 3D ? All you're going to see is a messy blotch of pixels. Not a magical shape of bars, statues, boxes, etc.....

Just get yourself a 2-box TM 808. It will get jar sized items to about 3 ft. It will get toaster oven sized objects to ~6 ft. It will get refrigerator sized objects to 10 to 15 ft. And the upside of a 2-box unit is that you won't get signals off of objects smaller than a soda can. Hence the perfect discriminator for pesky nails, tabs, smaller litter, individual coins, etc... It's just for larger cache sized objects, that it appears you're after.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher also make the Gemini or TW6. Sometimes they come up secondhand.

Chub

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research the OKM Gepard, it is a ground penetrating radar..

Arky 1

Oct 1, 2006
here is a good article to read on depth or should I say I thought it was a good read

How deep can a metal detector find treasure
The buried hoard test : I wanted to know how deep a discriminating metal detector could detect a small hoard, so was told to go and get some machines, a big spade and some coins.
These days we hear so many stories about new models going deeper than ever before, we read about people finding coins and artefacts over 2 feet in depth.
I have always been interested in finding a small hoard at 2 feet is it scientifically impossible using the metal detectors we are all searching with today, I have been told coins with a patina are electronically isolated from one another so in the ground a detector will not see the coins as a mass, more like several individual targets.
Note :
We can only test metal detectors available at the time
We are not interested in testing a machine with no discrimination circuit as you would not search in all metal on a junky ancient site.
Also this test is to simulate coins buried in a non metallic container which has almost certainly been destroyed, eg: leather pouch, clay pot, wicker basket wooden box.​
We decided to carry out 2 tests in my garden
Test A to bury a sixpence at 10 inches deep
Test B to bury a small hoard of coins 1kg at 25" just over 2ft...64 cm to be exact
Both underneath undisturbed soil or as close as we could simulate.

The Test
We dug the hole to 70 cm then burrowed 2 channels into the opposite side walls 8-10" long
One at 64 cm deep marked "B" the other at 10" deep marked "A" .
This was to ensure the targets were placed underneath mostly undisturbed soil.

hoard_test_diagram.jpg

The test diagram
Our earlier tests had proved that the Halo effect of buried coins etc played no real part in detection depth in fact the halo effect only applies to Iron. To prove this fact next time you dig an ancient coin try to detect the soil in which it came out, if the halo effect was true the soil would give off a signal to.
The silver sixpence was placed in pod "A" the 1kg coin hoard was in pod "B" (see diagram).

Machines used
Minelabs : Explorer with standard coil, Sovereign with WOT coil, Quattro standard coil
Gold Maxx Mk1
Whites, XLT, MXT
Nexus, std coil, prototype coil
Tejon with big coil and standard coil​

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of these tested are ground pentrating radar.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry about that thought he said detector? ground penetrating radar is a totally different animal
No problem, he did say detector, but only one I know of that will see as deep as he is seeking is ground penetrating radar.

Arky 1

Oct 1, 2006
Any thing which can detect gold minimum of 8 feet depth.

Just to clarify if you are looking for a metal detector and not a ground penetration radar which is a different animal then let me say this, what you are asking for in a detector is unheard of unless maybe you are looking for a cache of gold not a single piece, now the specifications on the JW Fisher comes close but it's primary use is in the water but can be used on land it is heavy the only thing I can say for certain is that it will find a old wagon wheel frame which is steel at 4 feet I know that much because I am the one that dug it up.

JW Fishers Pulse 8x Version 2 Metal Detector

With a 200 foot depth rated housing and a 6 foot maximum detection range, the Pulse 8X is Fishers top of the line detector. It's heavy duty construction and high sensitivity make the Pulse 8X the choice of professionals everywhere. This commercial-grade metal detector is used by treasure hunters, commercial diving companies, law enforcement agencies, and military units worldwide.
The claim-to-fame of this pulse induction detector is its ability to ignore minerals in the environment while maintaining high sensitivity to all metal targets. It is not affected by highly mineralized salt water, coral, rocks with a high iron content, or magnetic (black) sand; all of which drive conventional metal detectors crazy. The Pulse 8X detects all metals from coins and jewelry, to anchors and cannons; and does it on land, or in fresh or salt water. The diver is alerted to presence of a metal target by both visual readout (shown on the meter) and an audio output (heard in the underwater earphone). The detection range for a target is unaffected by the medium between the detector's coil and the metal object. Performance does not vary whether detecting through air, water, silt, sand, or solid coral.
Powered by an internal 9 volt rechargeable battery pack, the detector will easily run all day on a full charge. Recharge the battery overnight, and it's ready for another full day of hunting.The Pulse 8X has double the power and detection range of the Pulse 6X detector. JW Fishers Pulse 8x has been rated the best underwater metal detector by the US Department of Homeland Security's SAVER program.
*Please Note: Version 1 and Version 2 are exactly the same with one exception.

• Version 1 is "hardwired" with the factory installed 7.5" search coil and cannot use other sizes
  • Version 2 has a bulkhead fitting that allows the detector to change to other size coils

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Any thing which can detect gold minimum of 8 feet depth.

Arke-1 and TH'r give good answers. But you are still asking about "gold" (at crazy deep depths) and neglecting to say what size object. Did you read my first reply ?

And also in that first reply, I ask about the depth. Please tell us where you got the information that is the depth that your suspected object is buried at ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread