Did Anyone get anything exciting for Christmas?

OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A real class act guy would get her a Deus for her birthday.

Nice post.
I believe the lack of class was the point this christmas I believe the point was well taken. It took about a week but I think it sank in

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the flu! Now wait! I was nice and polite! I sent Thank You cards to the family members responsible at New Years dinner. One by one they got a funny look & cracked up. Hey ya gotta have fun with it!

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got my wife a sharper image projector. pretty cool we now sit on the couch and play tetris together on the Wii. she got me a pair of Zmodo wireless cameras. we did good and didnt charge anything. We do more for our kids than ourselves but keep it realistic. we buy stuff all year long so christmass is not that magical for us. frankly im not fond of it. its turned into a commercial holiday to which i watch people go into debt buying stuff for other people who usually don't appreciate it.

Last edited:

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a perfect example of what I am talking about! Trust me if we happened to be mates I WOULD NEVER buy you an iron for XMAS NEVER!

After getting my wife a welder for her birthday I'm too nervous to shop for her. I guess she's hard shop for, so she now shows me a picture of what she wants and I show her a picture of what I can't have. It was a really nice welder too.:icon_scratch:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
refilled the bottles with Coors...love it.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just dont drink the coors:tongue1: no vomiting smilie.Corrs,the only beer i ever drank that gave me the runs.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how it works in other peoples families but for years I buy my girlfriend what she wants for Xmas. A Chanel Purse or Bond Number 9 perfume etc... and in return I usually get something useful for the house. Usually something she wants. I swear to the Almighty one year I got a fancy Table Runner. When I ask I get "you are impossible to shop for, you buy everything you want anyway" Well this year I bought her a Garrett AT Pro. I needed one.

Now that there is Funny,, Lol

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how it works in other peoples families but for years I buy my girlfriend what she wants for Xmas. A Chanel Purse or Bond Number 9 perfume etc... and in return I usually get something useful for the house. Usually something she wants. I swear to the Almighty one year I got a fancy Table Runner. When I ask I get "you are impossible to shop for, you buy everything you want anyway" Well this year I bought her a Garrett AT Pro. I needed one.

trdking, I did the same thing!!! One year I too bought my wife an AT Pro, OK, she does not detect, I knew that, and every time I take that one out, I of course let her know that I'm going to borrow HER machine. Some day I should at least show her where the on button is. As for me this last Christmas? Well, I began in July saying the only thing I've ever wanted my whole life was AA battery's. FINALLY, after 25 yrs. she listened.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trdking, I did the same thing!!! One year I too bought my wife an AT Pro, OK, she does not detect, I knew that, and every time I take that one out, I of course let her know that I'm going to borrow HER machine. Some day I should at least show her where the on button is. As for me this last Christmas? Well, I began in July saying the only thing I've ever wanted my whole life was AA battery's. FINALLY, after 25 yrs. she listened.
Worked out well for you! Told my relatives that too. Ended up getting boxes and those packs of 50. Two years later about 1/3 were leaking. That was back in the day when rechargeable alkalines were oh wow state of the art tech.

Next year hint for gift cards to buy batteries as needed.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a snake for Christmas :)! (3 years ago) And Santa said,don't expect anything else...Again,EVER :) 021.JPG

OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After getting my wife a welder for her birthday I'm too nervous to shop for her. I guess she's hard shop for, so she now shows me a picture of what she wants and I show her a picture of what I can't have. It was a really nice welder too.:icon_scratch:
Yeah atta boy! Love it!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I did actually... I donated 38 Toy Boxes to needy children / families and just knowing some of those families had a Merrier Christmas makes me feel good. So... what did I receive? Surely you know.

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Sir, I got to be 69 years old, born 12/25/48. Spoiled the whole family's Christmas that year.....Joe McDonough

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked for rechargeable batteries for my Makro Racer, but got 2 Tickets to see Jackson Browne instead. Totally blew me away. :laughing9:

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, i did get a new pack of underwear ,probably not to exciting for you guys but it was for me.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12-26g.jpg Those Comanches down in Oklahoma sent me this, which was pretty nice. (Those Kiowas better step it up, heeeeyyyy, just kidding!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread