Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By lookingharder
  • 1 Post By Loco-Digger
  • 3 Post By Ogre1190
  • 1 Post By pepperj

Thread: Sharing Hunting Sites

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    653 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Sharing Hunting Sites

Iv'e been detecting since 1978 and have lived on both coast (0-16 extreme Northern California, 16 to 30 South Carolina) I know we are very tight lipped when it comes to our local sites but I have searched two areas that I will never be back to so I thought Id'e share. This is for the Northern Calif. folks on here. Along Hwy 1 north going north from Fort Ross during the timber rush there were several towns with a population from 500-1000 along the coast that are no longer there, Doing research you can Find where they were. In central South Carolina west of Wedgefield out in the swamp along the RR track there was approx. 200 RR cars full of munitions blown up during the civil war. I personally have seen people ( 2 different occasions) dig up a box of musket rifles still wrapped in the greased burlap. I found so many mini balls that we would melt them for fishing sinkers, literally coffee cans full. Just curious if anyone else had a honey hole that they will never be back to they wanted to share?

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    12057 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    a guy I worked with - he told me (once he knew I was into the hobby) that his father pulled a full crate of muskets out of a river down south long ago - don't know if it was in that area - he said they were in good shape cause they were wrapped - was his fathers best find
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    653 times
    I started this thread but didn't seem to get much interest so I thought Id'e back up my idea. I noticed from a thread that a fellow member was close to where I lived so I sent him a PM with info of a 1781 site that I had permission to hunt. I included the owners info, history of the site and any other info I could. I was surprised no one wanted to share site they have hunted and never will get back to. If anyone's in extreme Northern California near Point Arena, I can share the location to an old city dump that I pulled over a hundred very old bottles from and never got back to finish looking.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & Fisher F2 (loaner) Have had a TC 1023, Fisher F4, Whites Classic ID II, BH LRP, Tesoro Lobo, F70, F75 SE, & XP Deus.
    15160 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You might want to also post this in the California forum.
    Honest Samuel likes this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    587 times
    Metal Detecting
    I've shared a few sites on the Illinois forums...but never heard word one back from anyone. 😞 One of them, in the Barrington area, was a site my Mentor and I pulled over 200 silvers out of. And that was with our old Blue Box Whites. We nicknamed it Carson City. 😂 I'm even now sharing another honey hole with a current TNet member. Guess I'm just not the "MineMineMine!" type. Oh, well.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2188 times
    Any good stories about Connecticut?

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    11061 times
    Relic Hunting
    On the Canadian Detecting site many yrs ago I was PMing with a fellow from BC, as he lived 30 miles from where I told him there was a Ghost Town. The exact location where the board sidewalks were under water, and the layout of the town. We were probably the first to dig on the site as there was Case Gins Bottles, 3 piece molds, soda pops were still floating in the drainage ditches. Not even a thanks, or any feedback. I think he thought I wanted something in return or was BSing him.
    Ogre1190 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2014
    fairview park, ohio
    Fisher F4, whites prizm III
    204 times
    i shared some in the states section. couple locations back home. this was kinda the issue i had with the 1000+ guest we have lurking in the shadows. we may never know if the sites ever panned out.
    Fuzzy was here...or wuzzy?

we're all here cause we're not all there!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Oakton, VA
    AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche diggers, and the custom made Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    816 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Not to sound like a whiner but if you have any in Virginia you would like to share I would be extremely grateful! I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links