OP
OP
M

Mimi lover

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that is good news! In that case, it looks like you guys have been busy in there. The cable, the stairs, the light... that's a lot of work. I guess I would do the same thing if I found a tunnel on a friends property. Could it be related to a modern war? Does look ancient like much effort and precision was put into the construction. Yes I would be down there every day detecting, sifting and cleaning it out. Who knows what the heck you guys might come across? More pics, close-up pics if you have them.
I have video s...while working down..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
......but every body's work secretly

Mimi-lover, thanx for chiming back in with some followup. I interpret your quote above, to be an answer to Mackaydon & Charlie's concerns. Re.: laws about exploring and/or if you actually found anything old there (cultural heritage / antiquities laws).

The reason Mackaydon & Charlie bring up those questions, is the immediate knee-jerk reaction that some westerners get, when thinking of middle-eastern ancient countries , in context of metal detecting. So I interpret your above quote to mean that .... to whatever extent there could be cultural heritage laws, you're not making waves, eh ?

Ok, so 2 scenarios:

a) You just simply explore a cave on your friend's own private property. You don't end up finding any antiquities, coins, metal , etc... Ok. No laws broken, right ? No hands cut off, right ?

b) You do in fact find something old in there . Eg.: coins, or statue, vases, or ... heck, even a full-blown cache. And assume for the moment that men in trenchcoats from the govt. got wind of you found a goodie. Ok, do your hands get cut off ? Jail in dark roach filled dungeons for your audacity to find something ?

For that matter, in ALL YOUR TIME living in your country, do you recall a single incident, for any crime, where someone's "hands got cut off" ?? Me thinks some westerners watch one too many episodes of Raiders of the Lost Ark type movies . Swashbuckling warriors roaming about , James Bond spy types watching your every move. And people in any country that's not western culture are simply not normal or human. By all means some countries are stricter or odder than the USA or UK. Sure. By all means don't throw caution to the wind. Sure. But on the other hand, I think some notions of fears get overblown.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mimi lover

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that is good news! In that case, it looks like you guys have been busy in there. The cable, the stairs, the light... that's a lot of work. I guess I would do the same thing if I found a tunnel on a friends property. Could it be related to a modern war? Does look ancient like much effort and precision was put into the construction. Yes I would be down there every day detecting, sifting and cleaning it out. Who knows what the heck you guys might come across? More pics, close-up pics if you have them.
This cave was closed with big roman stones just the as the ancient roman city in that area close to cave site one kilometre...away...

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mimi, You guys have more guts than I do. I'm going to have to live this adventure through you two guys. Good luck, be careful, keep us posted.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
At 35 meters deep, my first concern would be air quality. Carry a lit candle with you during your descent, if the flame goes out, so should you.

You'd want a "hole watch", a person on the outside in the event of an issue, maybe wear a lanyard & halter so you could be pulled out.

Research the treasure laws in your country, be aware of consequences. It's very difficult to keep a secret for a long time. Two people involved have a lesser chance of keeping a secret. The more people who know, the more danger of exposure.

OP
OP
M

Mimi lover

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mimi-lover, thanx for chiming back in with some followup. I interpret your quote above, to be an answer to Mackaydon & Charlie's concerns. Re.: laws about exploring and/or if you actually found anything old there (cultural heritage / antiquities laws).

The reason Mackaydon & Charlie bring up those questions, is the immediate knee-jerk reaction that some westerners get, when thinking of middle-eastern ancient countries , in context of metal detecting. So I interpret your above quote to mean that .... to whatever extent there could be cultural heritage laws, you're not making waves, eh ?

Ok, so 2 scenarios:

a) You just simply explore a cave on your friend's own private property. You don't end up finding any antiquities, coins, metal , etc... Ok. No laws broken, right ? No hands cut off, right ?

b) You do in fact find something old in there . Eg.: coins, or statue, vases, or ... heck, even a full-blown cache. And assume for the moment that men in trenchcoats from the govt. got wind of you found a goodie. Ok, do your hands get cut off ? Jail in dark roach filled dungeons for your audacity to find something ?

For that matter, in ALL YOUR TIME living in your country, do you recall a single incident, for any crime, where someone's "hands got cut off" ?? Me thinks some westerners watch one too many episodes of Raiders of the Lost Ark type movies . Swashbuckling warriors roaming about , James Bond spy types watching your every move. And people in any country that's not western culture are simply not normal or human. By all means some countries are stricter or odder than the USA or UK. Sure. By all means don't throw caution to the wind. Sure. But on the other hand, I think some notions of fears get overblown.

Thanx ...I love exploring and discovering..and adventure...in this cave we still working ...but ifound som antiques in other places..the law in my country you are not free..even if its your property...and you couldn't get an licence for discovering...!! Every one searching ...secretly ..and I dont care ..I am not stealing...or...destroy culture...it is my hobby...I love searching and I am addicted on this work...

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just to be clear, my understanding is that the entrance to the cave was covered with large stones and a large amount of sand. The stones and sand have fallen into the cave, obscuring what is at the bottom of the cave or whether a tunnel extends elsewhere. Your goal now is to excavate the debris and discover what lies beneath. The cave is not straight down like a water well, but still a very steep angle. The walls of the cave appear to be carved out of solid rock and appear to be stable but can't be sure. You have installed stairs and a cable to aid in the excavation. At 100 feet deep this will require a lot of work to be as safe as possible but the more you can remove in one lift the better. An electric winch, battery powered if need be, seems to be the best solution at the moment. Lower container (barrel, bucket, etc.) to the bottom of tunnel. Fill bucket and then climb out of tunnel BEFORE winching it up. Will take twice the time but can't risk being crushed by falling debris. Could take weeks of work and might find nothing. Could take a couple days and might find something valuable. The entrance was covered for a reason. Was it covered for safety to keep someone from falling in? Or was it covered to hide a tomb full of artifacts? Hoping you are successful and live to tell us the story. Good luck!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... ...but ifound som antiques in other places..the law in my country you are not free..even if its your property...and you couldn't get an licence for discovering...!! Every one searching ...secretly ..and I dont care .......

Ok, so you're in one of "those" countries with strict antiquity /cultural heritage laws. Yet you openly admit here to having found some stuff in the past. Ok :

1) I realize you say you're in "secret" , but assume for the moment that the govt. knew you found a goodie in the past. What happens ? What's the penalty ?

2) In ALL YOUR TIME in this country, do you know of ANY crime where the penalty was "hands cut off" ?

3) Or how about if we're just talking 3rd-world jails : Do you know of anyone who found a goodie, that went to jail for that ?

4) What measures and enforcement does the govt. employ ? I mean, I can certainly understand them "throwing the book" at persons pillaging pyramids, exporting antiquties on the world market, blah blah. But ... how about someone just exploring a cave like you ? Or is there anyone watching for persons who simply eyeball something old in a plowed field, etc... ?

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Above all else,, Safety is paramount.
What good is a Billion Dollars worth of Gold or Artifacts if you don't live to enjoy it?

OP
OP
M

Mimi lover

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to be clear, my understanding is that the entrance to the cave was covered with large stones and a large amount of sand. The stones and sand have fallen into the cave, obscuring what is at the bottom of the cave or whether a tunnel extends elsewhere. Your goal now is to excavate the debris and discover what lies beneath. The cave is not straight down like a water well, but still a very steep angle. The walls of the cave appear to be carved out of solid rock and appear to be stable but can't be sure. You have installed stairs and a cable to aid in the excavation. At 100 feet deep this will require a lot of work to be as safe as possible but the more you can remove in one lift the better. An electric winch, battery powered if need be, seems to be the best solution at the moment. Lower container (barrel, bucket, etc.) to the bottom of tunnel. Fill bucket and then climb out of tunnel BEFORE winching it up. Will take twice the time but can't risk being crushed by falling debris. Could take weeks of work and might find nothing. Could take a couple days and might find something valuable. The entrance was covered for a reason. Was it covered for safety to keep someone from falling in? Or was it covered to hide a tomb full of artifacts? Hoping you are successful and live to tell us the story. Good luck!
yes ..it is coverd with large amount of stone around 20 stone build carefully and designed very good and sand is about one metre, coverd the stones .but all the alnd around is the same level of sand...and the cave is not stight like a well... and its carved out of solid rock it is safty down you can breath very good even smoking down.

OP
OP
M

Mimi lover

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Above all else,, Safety is paramount.
What good is a Billion Dollars worth of Gold or Artifacts if you don't live to enjoy it?
yes of course safty first ,what is adventure mean to risk your life to find something ..or not..some people die for simple reason other all thier life climps and die of cancer or heart attack away from risky work..i will not stay as ***** in my home afraid of danger.. driving cars is dangerous to...

OP
OP
M

Mimi lover

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The overhead cable and smooth, flat walls are a dead give-away it's not a natural formation.

You think you need information. Pity the rest of us who don't even know what country it is in.

If someone would cut off both your hands for just being there - I'd say it's not worth it.
jordan ,close to a Roman City ( this city full of roman pillar made of marble and graneet )in my friend land his own proprty..
.very close to his home..but the cave location you will find nothing indicate there is is such a cave.

OP
OP
M

Mimi lover

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 35 meters deep, my first concern would be air quality. Carry a lit candle with you during your descent, if the flame goes out, so should you.

You'd want a "hole watch", a person on the outside in the event of an issue, maybe wear a lanyard & halter so you could be pulled out.

Research the treasure laws in your country, be aware of consequences. It's very difficult to keep a secret for a long time. Two people involved have a lesser chance of keeping a secret. The more people who know, the more danger of exposure.
yes the air is good and we start smoking down it is normal but hot,,the tempreture is high

OP
OP
M

Mimi lover

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so you're in one of "those" countries with strict antiquity /cultural heritage laws. Yet you openly admit here to having found some stuff in the past. Ok :

1) I realize you say you're in "secret" , but assume for the moment that the govt. knew you found a goodie in the past. What happens ? What's the penalty ?

2) In ALL YOUR TIME in this country, do you know of ANY crime where the penalty was "hands cut off" ?

3) Or how about if we're just talking 3rd-world jails : Do you know of anyone who found a goodie, that went to jail for that ?

4) What measures and enforcement does the govt. employ ? I mean, I can certainly understand them "throwing the book" at persons pillaging pyramids, exporting antiquties on the world market, blah blah. But ... how about someone just exploring a cave like you ? Or is there anyone watching for persons who simply eyeball something old in a plowed field, etc... ?
look my friend ..all the people if they find by chance somegold or any thing he will buy it secretly ..if i know some one find treasure..i dont care he didnt stolen this ..i know many people found gold and they deal with this ..but i am not staling even i go to jail for one year it is ok ..no problem i love this work ..i am addicted..thats it..

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you decide

Chub

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... even i go to jail for one year it is ok ..no problem ....

Do you know anyone who "went to jail" for finding /picking up an old object ? So, for purposes of this question, NOT the person who finds a cache, or breaks into sensitive monuments, or sells priceless statues on the world collectibles markets. I'm talking someone, like yourself, who might find some single coins in a cave or field. Do you of anyone getting "jail" for this ?

And still waiting for your answer: For ANY crime in your country, is there the supposed penalty of "hands cut off" ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread