So, what do you do with the shed skin of a python?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
about twenty years ago, I had a friend that lived in the Shady Mountains of Polk County Arkansas. He was into just ab out everything and loved snakes. He kept Timber rattlers and had a really nice python that he was proud of. The python was about eight feet long and really needed a bigger cage than what he had but when he had it in the house, it was in a big plexi-glass box.
The first time that I saw it, he was excited to show me it. As I looked at it in the cage, I could see that it's eyes were very milky, signs that it was about to shed. Usually a snake about to shed is very irritable and I questioned my friend as he prepared to get the snake out. "It'll be alright Pard," he assured me as he reached in. It was then that we found out exactly how many teeth it had as it bit his right hand between his thumb and fingers. It took a minute or so for it to turn loose of his hand and we pour peroxide over the multitude of bloody spots.

Anyways, I asked what he planned to do with the shed skin and he shrugged his shoulders and asked if i wanted it. I smiled and told him what I meant to do with it and he said that it was mine. So, a week later, the shed skin was mine and so I headed back up the road. There was a stretch of very sharp winding curves in the mountains and I knew just the spot to leave it. I worked it thru several small scrubby trees right in a curve but higher up the side of the mountain. A shed skin is always a lot longer than the actual snake size so this thing looked to be close to twelve feet long or better plus very wide. I knew that it would easily be seen as people hurried thru the curves.
The imagination of people can go wild and I knew that this would be no exception. So, about a week later, we began hearing all kinds of stories of a monster rattlesnake skin being found up in the curves. My friend chuckled as he told me over the phone hat he had heard. Even where I worked, the stories of the giant shed skin were told. For several years, we heard stories about the giant rattler that lived somewhere up in the mountains. Still looking for Bigfoot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread