Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
This is not Russia! Not talk about it for 20 years. Bull! Your not FBI so talk all you want. Oh wait! This is a national security issue. Total silence is ordered. FK should just admit they were wrong and move on. By saying what the FBI ordered you are already talking about it.

Maybe we'll learn more when "the movie comes out".....lol

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the police giving a ticket on my street this morning. I think it was a false flag operation to cover their search for pirate treasure though, because when I asked them what they were doing, they told me to leave. When I called the chief of police to inquire further, he was rude. The TV stations are in on it too, because they claim to know nothing. WHAT ARE THEY COVERING UP? I demand proof that there is no pirate treasure buried on this block.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I saw the police giving a ticket on my street this morning. I think it was a false flag operation to cover their search for pirate treasure though, because when I asked them what they were doing, they told me to leave. When I called the chief of police to inquire further, he was rude. The TV stations are in on it too, because they claim to know nothing. WHAT ARE THEY COVERING UP? I demand proof that there is no pirate treasure buried on this block.

This was the best post I read all day. It really puts a face to the hysteria, of how everything becomes conspiratorial proof, in the eye's of the believers.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
As a well know writer of old west story's told me. Never let the truth in the way of a good story.

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Update from a local.....they are stacking boxes on a pallet and putting them in the tent.....no one is lifting boxes of gold bars I wouldn't think...

In Nebraska they packaged matches one at a time dipping them in preservative and bagging, tagging one box at a time, case by case.. The quicksilver on board of the steamship that was located was the hunter's original target of the recovery before the Feds took over the site.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper: I bet I won't be eating crow. A union payroll would not be shipped in Gold Bars ! Gold Coins yes NOT gold bars

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Lot of members here will be eating Crow soon :laughing7:. This investigation is not done yet.:occasion14:

GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar & a lot more you'll need to find the real truth in this story.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A Lot of members here will be eating Crow soon :laughing7:. This investigation is not done yet.:occasion14:

Just like Oak Island, eh ?

The treasure is always most certainly there. The naysayers will some day be eating crow. Endless dry holes mean nothing. It's "just around the corner". The investigation is on-going. It's just a little deeper. A little to the left. A little to the right. Nothing, that sheds doubt on the story, can't be explained away with some multi-faceted contingencies. No sets of story-inconsistencies or dry holes are ever evidence for the lack of treasure. They just become all-the-more evidence. Never do we consider that it might simply be speculation and telephone game gone awry.

We start with the assumption that the story is true. And everything else gets melded around that starting premise. After all, it's got all the cool elements that no good treasure story can be without. Like: ambushes, skeletons, hush-conspiracies, GPR, dowsing, caves, names & dates of real people/events, cryptograms, squiggles on rocks, lone survivor's, tips-of-icebergs finds, etc....

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I truly wish everyone on here the best of luck in their pursuits...I really do. I LOVE to see stories about treasures, no matter what type, being found. I've been coming to this site for about 13 years or so, and it's always the same though; the Beale Code has been deciphered and it's a matter of weeks before it is unearthed, Oak Island is about to reveal its mysteries, KGC treasure is located and awaiting to be dug up, and so on. And yet, 13 years later, it's the same thing.

In 2018, we hold one major advantage over all previous treasure hunters in the past...Information, and LOTS of it and more often than not, instantly. That being said, there still is not a shred of evidence of the Beale Code story prior to the publication of that for profit pamphlet in the 1880's. Still not a single piece of documented evidence of any activity on Oak Island prior the McGinnis diggings in the late 1790's...just a tale of a depression in a ground with remnants of a pulley/rigging system (or something to that accord).

Because of that, the Dent's Run story just doesn't hold credence with me. As far as I'm aware no one has presented any documentation from during the Civil War or shortly thereafter detailing the lost payroll. In fact, I think the oldest documented story goes back only to the 1970's in a treasure magazine story if not mistaken. Also the elements of it just don't add up. A payroll in gold bars, not coin or paper currency? No government documentation establishing it was lost/stolen either. If data or evidence doesn't exist for something, you can much more easily craft everyday items to fit your narrative. It cannot be proven or disproved since no evidence exists to begin with. I would LOVE to pull up a story online and see Finders Keepers holding gold bars in their hands they found. I will never wish anything other than that for them. That doesn't mean, however, that I will be led by a carrot dangling from a stick and made to believe everything I read.

Best of luck to them and everyone else pursuing their own treasure hunts. I don't feel you can be upset with someone skeptical because they want to see hard evidence...which unfortunately 99% of individuals cannot show.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... someone skeptical because they want to see hard evidence...which unfortunately 99% of individuals cannot show.

Good post Philvis.

As for pointing out that we never see any of these legends produce a single cache, the faithful have an answer for that: The legend chasers do indeed find caches. But they remain "hush hush". Because they're afraid of the IRS, thieves, claim-jumpers, and kidnappers. But rest assured, they're finding caches.

Also: In their mind's eyes, they've "found" (past tense) various caches. Honed down to a single cave, or meadow, or swamp, or whatever. It's simply a matter of getting govt. clearances to dig. Or getting a detector that can go 6 meters deep. Or ability to bore through solid rock. Or how to drain a swamp and bring in heavy equipment. But rest assured, they've "found" it.

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being skeptical is one thing, hell I am as well (only because I found half of it already) but the 3, 4...5 paragraph posts (250 skeptical posts in this thread alone) about the skepticism is insane....i barely have time to read all of it let alone type it.....over and over and over and over.......go out and detect!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need help, sign in to your local state mental hospital and you will feel better. Keep in touch.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper, I think if everyone would just do their own 'due diligence' on the work you all have done to find and announce this, they would be more optimistic ( to many nay-sayers instead of intillectual input from 'regulars' on this site). It takes a lot of time doing actual research (not just a google search). Looking forward to the announcement of the find(s). Along with the history and back-stories.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FinderKeeper, I think if everyone would just do their own 'due diligence' on the work you all have done to find and announce this, they would be more optimistic ( to many nay-sayers instead of intillectual input from 'regulars' on this site). It takes a lot of time doing actual research (not just a google search). Looking forward to the announcement of the find(s). Along with the history and back-stories.

This is all true, if we start with a given premise: That the treasure is there. If so, then sure: The naysayers "didn't do their homework".

But .... the last I checked .... no treasures found. Thus your starting premise is not, of necessity, true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread