Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting that document.....I have an excelent memory but could not remember what exactly it said.Now I know why ...it doesn't really say anything.

I do have a couple questions about the other document though.

You say experts said the bones are 50/50 human or animal .....and further back in this thread a you said a coroner was so convinced they called the police.Why does it not say this in your report/document.

Did you ever have the bones tested for DNA?......if not,why?

One thing is for certain bones are either human or animal.......there is a 100% chance of that.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting that document.....I have an excelent memory but could not remember what exactly it said.Now I know why ...it doesn't really say anything.

I do have a couple questions about the other document though.

You say experts said the bones are 50/50 human or animal .....and further back in this thread a you said a coroner was so convinced they called the police.Why does it not say this in your report/document.

Did you ever have the bones tested for DNA?......if not,why?

One thing is for certain bones are either human or animal.......there is a 100% chance of that.

I took the bones to two other places in Clearfield but they were not sure. DCNR took them before I could have them tested but that was not something I plan to do at the time, later I wanted to. I do not make money by testing bones, bullets, bottles. If I think I am on the right trail with other info we have , then I just keep digging and drilling. I don't care what DCNR or the museum commissioners think because they say no to everything sent to them. AS DCNR said if we prove something is there , it would be dug up. If I proved bones, bottles, bullets that does not prove gold so they would not do a dig. The bones and bullets are just a small part of this hunt because we have major things that prove gold and silver and that's what counts and that's why DCNR came in to dig.

What reported /document are you talking about.
:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the bones to two other places in Clearfield but they were not sure. DCNR took them before I could have them tested but that was not something I plan to do at the time

Not sure I follow your line of reasoning here......you are trying to prove this is a Civil War battle site on which gold was hidden.

I would think proving human remains would help this theory along.Not prove it by any means it but none the less would be a step in the right direction.

Why did you take them all over the state to show people and then not follow thru with the DNA test after they recommended it.......and I know DCNR took them but you just said you were not planning on having them tested anyhow.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure I follow your line of reasoning here......you are trying to prove this is a Civil War battle site on which gold was hidden.

I would think proving human remains would help this theory along.Not prove it by any means it but none the less would be a step in the right direction.

Why did you take them all over the state to show people and then not follow thru with the DNA test after they recommended it.......and I know DCNR took them but you just said you were not planning on having them tested anyhow.

Carbon dating cost $500 up pr. idem and I don't know what DNA test cost back in 2007 but why do it , To prove what to who. Its what I think that counts. I figured when we find the gold, that DCNR or the Museum Commissioners would pay for all test to figure out who was here and when. Hay, what artifacts DCNR has now, we found in the first 2 years of working on site. We were not in this as a major company then , just in it for fun and it turned into 12 years of fun and adventure . When we found the bones we didn't even have a name for our new company. Not every one that finds bones get DNA test done on them.​

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carbon dating cost $500 up pr. idem and I don't know what DNA test cost back in 2007 but why do it , To prove what to who. Its what I think that counts. I figured when we find the gold, that DCNR or the Museum Commissioners would pay for all test to figure out who was here and when. Hay, what artifacts DCNR has now, we found in the first 2 years of working on site. We were not in this as a major company then , just in it for fun and it turned into 12 years of fun and adventure . When we found the bones we didn't even have a name for our new company. Not every one that finds bones get DNA test done on them.​

Not everyone that finds a bone thinks they are human remains from a Civil War battle that ended with over a ton of gold being buried and then wants to make a tv show about them.

But if you are having fun that is all that really counts.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amusing quote

View attachment 1583188 View attachment 1583189 View attachment 1583193 View attachment 1583194

Pictures of what we think are human bones and a walking stick with a coin on it, and it looks like the bark was shaved from the upper top of it. The top of the walking stick is to the right. You will see a lot of black hair , could be Indian hair. I see a white finger bone in picture #2. Could be a foot and heel bone in #1 picture. There is so much going on in this part of this cave that a human had to live in here. The back of the cave is far back were it is much higher to stand. We took these pictures with a 25' extension on our video cam with zoom out full way. This was 100% black inside and we figure the bones were 35' from were we were laying.

Hello Finderskeepers,

Interesting comments I came across from Jim Burke, a resident and member of the Mt. Zion Historical Society you may have heard before.

Historian shocked FBI searching Dents Run, warns about findings | Local News | thecourierexpress.com

I couldn't help but think about the skeleton you found when I read this;

Burke said at one point his partner in the search went to a “soothesayer” in New York state.

“He didn’t tell her what he was looking for. She went into a trance and said you’re looking for gold buried in Pennsylvania,” Burke recounted, adding that she also said she heard the voice of a man, whose description fit that of Lt. Castleton, saying, “I’m stuffed down in the hole. I can’t get out. There’s a bobcat licking my face.”

Your Bud Aurum

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Finderskeepers,

Interesting comments I came across from Jim Burke, a resident and member of the Mt. Zion Historical Society you may have heard before.

Historian shocked FBI searching Dents Run, warns about findings | Local News | thecourierexpress.com

I couldn't help but think about the skeleton you found when I read this;

Burke said at one point his partner in the search went to a “soothesayer” in New York state.

“He didn’t tell her what he was looking for. She went into a trance and said you’re looking for gold buried in Pennsylvania,” Burke recounted, adding that she also said she heard the voice of a man, whose description fit that of Lt. Castleton, saying, “I’m stuffed down in the hole. I can’t get out. There’s a bobcat licking my face.”

Your Bud Aurum

I was on site yesterday at Dents Run and 2 trail cams were taken down, GUESS WHO. DCNR again , this is the 8th trail cam they removed from out site in 7yrs. Yet the DCNR law office in Harrisburg said anyone, even us can have them if we let DCNR know were they are and we have ID on them. Ya I read that report you posted and it could be true. I do not know if the FBI did anything with the bones inside the cave. They are not talking yet but soon they will have to if the investigation is over. Things are moving forward and this will end soon.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the bad feeling that this has just been a 73 page infomercial for yet another lame treasure hunting show that finds jack squat...

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the bad feeling that this has just been a 73 page infomercial for yet another lame treasure hunting show that finds jack squat...

I'd guess this ends one of 3 ways

#1(Old Faithfull)...... signed with a film crew and can't talk
#2(been used before)..... lawyer advised them not to talk/possible pending lawsuit
#3(been hinted at already in this thread)..... can't talk until FBI finishes investigation.

FWIW .... If Vegas had a line on this,I'd put my money on #3.

I have been watching the network news and haven't seen a promo for the news conference.A story this big they usually advertise it in advance.

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If our lawyer does not get some kind of response back from the FBI by May 15 th we will hold a New Conference in Washington DC with the Network News. I hope they come out before then and tell the story.

There it is .....I am not making anything up
Well a little attempt at humor about the WITSEC thing which I will delete.

All I did was make my guess to what happens next.....is this against the rules?
I don't think I have to link to other posts where evidence was promised then postponed by the examples I used.....but I can if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread