Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had e-mails alerting me to at least 12 uncles I never knew I had who died in Nigerian bus accidents or airplane crashes.

Nigeria must be a dangerous place!

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had e-mails alerting me to at least 12 uncles I never knew I had who died in Nigerian bus accidents or airplane crashes.

Nigeria must be a dangerous place!

Lol, Now I gotta figure out how to search for him. I tried looking for birth, death , marriage and divorce records for the province of Cavite, but no luck yet.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, Now I gotta figure out how to search for him. I tried looking for birth, death , marriage and divorce records for the province of Cavite, but no luck yet.

So, we figure that for now you've only used on-line sources in your search?

Have you dug into the Philippine government resources on-line, found maybe some contact info?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m looking at the govt. sites but havnt found anything yet as far as records go, I was even trying to look up tax records. Im pretty sure a friend of my fathers , Dr. Benjamin Velasco, would have info, but I haven’t had any luck finding him either. I thought I’d email one of the Govt. offices but apparently the only electronic way to contact them is through something called webmail. I found it and tried to get it but it wouldn’t download to my ipad.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you learn that your dad was married in the Philippines? Who gave you that information and how did they get it?

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was always family knowledge that he was married during the war, but I only recently learned from my mom that there was a child. I managed to get out an email to a government info office in Cavite, Now I’m waiting for a response.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread