Mar 10, 2015
Danville
Detector(s) used
F5 - (2) X-Terra 705 - Garrett AT Pro - Equinox 800
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electroscopes ???

I came across the name of this instrument, device, etc. and haven't the foggiest idea of what it is ?? Also would like to know if any of our forum members are familiar with this device. Can explain what it is and have some hands on experience with this unit.

Can it be used, in conjunction with metal detectors and be an effective tool?? I Hope I'm not out of line here? If this does not belong here just tell me where to go? Thank you very much as any an all your feedback will be appreciated. SP USAF 62-66

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An electroscope is a simple device to measure the presence of electricity or magnetism by how it effects a charged control object (Couloumb's Law). They are pretty delicate and hardly useful outdoors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulomb's_law

Did you ever do that experiment in jr. high science with the pith balls on a string being attracted to, or repelled by, a balloon that had been rubbed on your hair? The pith ball on a string is an electroscope.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....Did you ever do that experiment in jr. high science with the pith balls on a string being attracted to, or repelled by, a balloon that had been rubbed on your hair? The pith ball on a string is an electroscope.

And there we have it folks. Totally scientific device. So you can go out and find treasure a mile away. Woohoo :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread