strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Understanding there is a difference is the first step to realizing...

I dunno. I have no good advice about women. :(

But who cares. My wife thinks it's stupid - but encourages me to go, and I encourage her to also... "please go away!" She has her horses and I have my harley - she has her dogs and I have her dogs too - she has her gossip and I have to get away from it - she likes to shop and I like it when she leaves to shop - I detect and she sleeps... or reads...

It's perfect. ;D

Have I been using my outside voice?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Funny that you muse this. I just posted a devil's advocate post on the "why is there more male md'rs?" thread about this. You can either say there is an innate difference, where men simply are drawn to this hobby by their inborn character, or you can side with the pro-feminist psychology and say that it is because of subconscious suggestive child-rearing, where toddlers are steered to certain toys, actions, etc.....

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
uhh say that again...I didn't understand you either. ;D

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Lmao that's hilarious Montana

Fortunately I'm a single guy so sharing in your joy I can not,If it's any consolation my friends are as close minded as your significant others.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I need to follwo up with the fact that: my awesome wife allows me to detect with no issues...

Also - there are plenty of wonderful women, ladies, girls, and chicks right on this site who are just as into this as we are...

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Montana Jim said:
I need to follwo up with the fact that: my awesome wife allows me to detect with no issues...

Also - there are plenty of wonderful women, ladies, girls, and chicks right on this site who are just as into this as we are...

he said retreating from the rock throwers...

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Montana Jim said:

Aint that the truth

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Wildrider, I was poking fun at the women lib. feminist movement.

In order to be able to scream for equal rights and outcome, they had to be able to claim there are no inherent differences between men and women. "Inherent" meaning in-born, at birth. So to explain differences in goals, jobs, hobbies each sex pursues, feminists would have to say that the differences are not in-born, but rather culturally driven. Ie.: nurture, not nature, and that the only real difference is plumbing. All else is discrimination deserving lawsuits. Now do you get it? Was trying to poke fun at that.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich , I don't know why.
Maybe it's lack of Advertising at the right Places.

GUCCI, VERSACE Etc.

How about a GUCCI Brand Detector ? ;D

Maybe if the Manufacturers would Hire these Super Models
To Show off their Detectors,
We could get them out in the Fields with us.

I'd be satisfied with a Playboy Spread.

The Girls of TNet "Down & Dirty"

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a new wife.............

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Tom_in_CA said:
Wildrider, I was poking fun at the women lib. feminist movement.

In order to be able to scream for equal rights and outcome, they had to be able to claim there are no inherent differences between men and women. "Inherent" meaning in-born, at birth. So to explain differences in goals, jobs, hobbies each sex pursues, feminists would have to say that the differences are not in-born, but rather culturally driven. Ie.: nurture, not nature, and that the only real difference is plumbing. All else is discrimination deserving lawsuits. Now do you get it? Was trying to poke fun at that.

Ya, I get it.
I too was being funny. Kinda like the caveman/geico. Say what?

rcawdorswife

Aug 26, 2007
As a woman, mother and wife (to be) I enjoy MDing myself. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and getting all dirty digging deep to find my treasure. Usually an old penny. Ya just never know what you may find. ;)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Don Jose, the age old debate of "nature vs nurture" is this: "Nature", meaning you/we were born with certain tendencies, tastes, etc... "Nurture" means .... no, you weren't born with them, but as you grow up, people around you, your parents, teachers, siblings, etc... form your tendencies and tastes.

So the person who sides with "nurture", would say that little girls tend to play with dolls, instead of toy trucks, is because they are conditioned by having them put in front of them, steered to like them d/t subconsisious suggestion from their mothers, playmates, etc... Same for little boys and trucks. They only gravitate towards them not because of something in-born, but because of subtle suggestioning by their dads, peers, etc...

But if you side on the "nature" side of the debate, you would say that there is a biological reason why men and women think diffently, gravitate towards different jobs, hobbies, toys, etc...

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
As long as she doesn't get in the way, or makes an issue out of the time you spend or your whereabouts regarding metal detecting, I don't see a problem. Women are not the only ones who do not understand metal detecting. 99% of the people I know, both men and women do not understand it. Personally, I have hobbies that most people do not understand, or have twisted ideas about. My dad for one says that the whole point and joy to fishing is bringing the fish back and eating it. As an avid bass fisherman, I like to place the fish back in the water, and think that if eating the fish were the point, it would just be easier to go to the store and buy one. That is just one example.......and my point is, that I have these hobbies, and how people feel about them is not even a thought in my mind. If they are interested or look at it from a good angle, good, if not, it makes no difference. As long as nothing is in my way :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread