Starting A Metal Detecting Club - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Starting A Metal Detecting Club

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Deepseeker, Dowsing Rods
    1208 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My metal detecting buddy and I started the Central Texas Treasure Club in 1981 in my duplex apartment in Brownwood, Texas. Only 3 attended our first meeting, the two of us and a visitor and the visitor didn't join because he said "I'm a professional treasure hunter and I don't want to ruin my reputation by joining an amateur club." He had a very inflated opinion of himself but we didn't let that deter us. A couple of years later, once our club had grown to over 20 members, the same "professional" came to a meeting and joined that night. ha
    We operated quite well for over 30 years without having any By Laws but about 4 years ago, our then-President suggested we compose some so we did. I had always shunned taking an officer's position in our club until this past January when our club was faced with the dilemma of either filling the open positions, after the former President and Hunt Master up and quit leaving our club in shambles, or disbanding after 36 years. I wasn't about to let that happen so I accepted the President's office and quickly found 4 other members who were willing to fill the other vacancies. Our club has been steadily growing again ever since. One of the first headaches I faced as the new President was having to go through all the paperwork to get one amendment to the By Laws passed. So, my suggestion to you is to not worry about By Laws for the first several years. Just work on growing, putting money in the club's bank account, and having plenty of activities so that all the members have fun. In this little town of less than 20,000 residents, our club is one of the 5 oldest treasure/metal detecting clubs in Texas. Have fun and they will come!
    ~Texas Jay
    Central Texas Treasure Club

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31107-1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	1574223

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links