chub

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I happen to love mine. Plenty of depth for my area, and easy to use. As i grow as a detectorist, there are bells and whistles i would like to try that it does not have, but has been a blast to learn with! I have definitely not been disappointed with mine!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not owned one but I hear they are good, solid detectors. And BTW if you don't dig some junk, you're not doing it right! Gold hides in the junk.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not owned one but I hear they are good, solid detectors. And BTW if you don't dig some junk, you're not doing it right! Gold hides in the junk.

I apparently need to spend more time washing out the cans i dig up. =)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No do not wash out the cans! Make a donation at your local convenience store! I was with a group hunting a year ago. The house itself was littered with aluminum cans. Well, silly here kept digging them up instead of ignoring them. The 6th one or so was a Rev War cross belt plate! If you don't dig some of the junk, you won't be finding some good stuff.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No do not wash out the cans! Make a donation at your local convenience store! I was with a group hunting a year ago. The house itself was littered with aluminum cans. Well, silly here kept digging them up instead of ignoring them. The 6th one or so was a Rev War cross belt plate! If you don't dig some of the junk, you won't be finding some good stuff.

i know that feeling. Was digging up rotten tin can after rotten tin can at the old fort site in town, and was about to notch that out but decided to dig one more. Wound up being the regulation 1808 - 1830 shoulder plate i found last year. Now i PRAY for solid 84's!! I dig all my junk too. By wash out, i meant with water. You say that's where the gold is stored right, "in" the junk?:laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is where you find it. Primarily in jewelry stores!:laughing7:

OP
OP
lazabert

lazabert

May 11, 2015
Broad Brook, ct
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE 250 & 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx guys.. Took it out in the field.. found the smallest brass buckle out of th 100 I have found. I like this 400, we will be friends lol. Next post will have pics of more findings
:occasion14:

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to seeing what you found!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread