Educated "adults " who still have not learned it's not all about just your self

Bkfinds

Apr 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Educated "adults " who still have not learned it's not all about just your self

I recently posted a thread here and received a lot of comments only to realize none were any help. Actually they were almost all negative! Thank those of you who stood up against the other comments. Still a little confused that something no one wanted to hear about made them waste their own time to comment! I'm no dummy and can read,posted my thread where they suggested a week earlier just was getting slow results. Even though,the people there were never jerk offs! Once again the people here who were nice thanks and keep schooling the ignorant. God bless!

Last edited:

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately negativity and self righteousness runs rampart on the internet and everywhere in today's society. People seem to have forgotten the saying " if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" I don't post much on here because of it. But on the other hand there are alot of good people with good intentions who are very helpful. I hope you have better luck with your posts in the future and can get to know some of the better people on this site. And if your ever bored, check out the random chat thread, good group of guys there, it's my favorite place to lurk!

OP
OP
B

Bkfinds

Apr 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I believe in good people also that's why it was worth my time to post this thread. Some people just need a reminder to not be lost in those very things. Especially when that are at a point in their lives when they devote valuable time to what they say they don't even like

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some folks never realize life is not all about them, but it is a precious gift we receive. Youtube is perfect examples of the "me's". Most of it at any way.

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't take it personally.

Historically, the "What is It" forum was the place where people posted stuff they found metal detecting that they needed help identifying.

Lately, every other post has been someone posting a picture of some kind of rock, and usually, the people who frequent the What is It section have no idea what they're looking at. After a while, it's tough to not let out some frustration when responding, even if it isn't really directed at the original poster.

I think it's time we create a sub-forum within the What is it section that's designated specifically for rocks. That way the people who have no knowledge about them won't be tempted to post irritable comments on posts they have no interest in viewing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This does not belong in the what is it forum, moving to general forum.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try not to take things personally, it really isn't important what people on the internet say or think. People do get tired of being shown common rocks with fanciful interpretations after a while, though you appear to have approached the question properly.

That said, I took a look at the "rock" in question and would bet anyone a shiny shekel that it is a chunk of slag from iron-smelting. I've found similar examples walking creeks, with rusted metallic iron poking out like yours appears to possess. The first one I found as a kid had me imagining it was a meteorite, but open-minded investigation suggested it was simply man-made waste rock, probably shipped out by rail from the blast furnaces to be used as rail-bed ballast and fill material.

Now I don't know the environmental/contextual specifics of the "desert" area you found it in, but if it was anywhere near 19th-20th century activity then it is unlikely to represent anything of interest. Now if it was near some long-abandoned Spanish settlement with no recent activity it may suggest some primitive colonial attempt at iron smelting which might indicate the possibility for finding interesting old artifacts, though I don't know what the residues of primitive iron bloomery furnaces might look like.

OP
OP
B

Bkfinds

Apr 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it south of Columbus Texas where it was just sand and cactus, just sitting on top in the middle of nowhere. There were many archeological site on that job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions